80 Beeeelion credits!!!

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

80 Beeeelion credits!!!

Post by Woodles »

No not me (I wish!) but UBT as a whole broke the eighty billion total credit mark earlier today - https://www.boincstats.com/stats/-5/tea ... rojectList

Not counting BU of course.

:happy-wavemulticolor:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: 80 Beeeelion credits!!!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Mark

Well spotted...and I hadn't noticed that we were even getting close to such a landmark...and you alone account for approx 1/5th of those credits, as you've amassed 16bn !! So, congrats to you too, for such an amazing total.

Think I might reward myself with a Hobnob or two...but will need to go to the shops first to get some... ;-)

Mind you, TSBT are just under 5bn behind, so there's not letting up on the efforts to becoming the first UK team to secure the 100bn mark...something that only 13 teams have achieved so far.

Having said that, we're still only in 20th place in terms of total non-BU credits...and some teams could get to 100bn before us, though none are in the UK...XS is most likely to be next to hit 100bn....they are on 97,658,917,947 and currently earning about 1.5bn per month...

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

Just over a year to a hundred billion at todays rates (390 days) but much quicker at the rates generated when GPU sprints are on :D

"This time next year we'll be hundred billionaires" :lol:

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

HI Mark

So, we've taken maybe 15+ yrs (as a Team) to generate 80bn and will take maybe 1 more year to earn the extra 20bn to reach the 100bn total.

That really does show how much the tech has changed, from having just a few CPUs earning a few thousands of credits per month, to now we'ra talking about 10s, even 100s of millions per month.

Just a shame that some projects cannot re-engineer their applications to take advantage of GPUs (as that would make it easier/faster for UBT to reach the target sooner ;-) ).

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

I remember in the early days trying to find a project that would generate a thousand credits in a day, now Collatz does that in a few seconds! Maybe with technology improving, we'll get that final 20 billion in time for Christmas :D

Not all projects can be ran on GPUs, some tasks just aren't suited for it.

Mark
ChelseaOilman
TeAm AnandTech team member

Post by ChelseaOilman »

Did it help that I joined this team with my 25 billion credits?
https://stats.free-dc.org/cpidtagb.php? ... =17&cols=1
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

HI Carl

OF COURSE it has helped... :-)

I think you joined the team around the same time you joined the forum (early May) but sadly, the only stats I can see are the 40 days worth (back to 12th June) as shown on BOINCstats:

https://classic.boincstats.com/en/stats ... 8/lastDays

And that's about 444,004,016 credits, in that time...so about 11m per day on average - and if that is extrapolated back by another 40 days, that's about 900m credits. :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :clap:

So, yes, you have been a big benefit to the Team...

regards
Tim
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Post by bigsinky »

congrats to all concerned. Although i have been BOINCing since 2003 mostly with SETI at the time and then PG from 2011, i didnt really join the UBT until 2018. I've really enjoyed my time in the forum and FB makes it a bit of fun. Great bunch of lads (and lasses, we can't forget Penny) who are never hesitant to give advice and encouragement.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

bigsinky wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:07 pm congrats to all concerned. Although i have been BOINCing since 2003 mostly with SETI at the time and then PG from 2011, i didnt really join the UBT until 2018. I've really enjoyed my time in the forum and FB makes it a bit of fun. Great bunch of lads (and lasses, we can't forget Penny) who are never hesitant to give advice and encouragement.
:handgestures-thumbup: :text-goodpost: :text-+1:
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Thanks Neil! My contribution to the massive total is pretty minor, but well done to the rest of the mega-crunchers - and thanks to CO for his monster contribution recently. Who'd've thought in the early days that these sort of levels were possible?
Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer