6 beeeellllion credits

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

6 beeeellllion credits

Post by bigsinky »

Just gone and cracked another beeeellllion. Go me. that one was a lot slower.
damienh
UBT Contributor

Re: 6 beeeellllion credits

Post by damienh »

Nice work! That’s a whole lot of credits!
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Post by bigsinky »

Damien Healy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:29 pm Nice work! That’s a whole lot of credits!
yep determined to get to that magical 11 digit club. thats a lot of collatz workunits
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Well done Neil, very impressive :handgestures-thumbupright:
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

I recently passed 2 billion, but at my current RAC it'll take about 5 years to add the extra digit.
So a big well done to Neil for getting a bit nearer so quickly.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

bigsinky wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:25 pm Just gone and cracked another beeeellllion. Go me. that one was a lot slower.
Excellent post.....very well done.

So, do you fancy sponsoring a sweep-stake on when you will crack the 7 beeeellion mark ??

regards
Tim
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Post by bigsinky »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:03 pm
bigsinky wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:25 pm Just gone and cracked another beeeellllion. Go me. that one was a lot slower.
Excellent post.....very well done.

So, do you fancy sponsoring a sweep-stake on when you will crack the 7 beeeellion mark ??

regards
Tim
if you can answer my post in the maths based section about my collatz WUs? either 4 seconds with a computational error or 20 minutes. its messing my collatz RAC up no end and i have people like Mark and Damien to over take ;)
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

bigsinky wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 am
UBT - Timbo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:03 pmSo, do you fancy sponsoring a sweep-stake on when you will crack the 7 beeeellion mark ??
if you can answer my post in the maths based section about my collatz WUs?
Does it count if I do it? :D
bigsinky wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 ameither 4 seconds with a computational error or 20 minutes. its messing my collatz RAC up no end
Surely that'll just make the sweep-stake predictions harder :D
bigsinky wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 am and i have people like Mark and Damien to over take ;)
Yeah, THAT'S going to happen :auto-dirtbike:

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

bigsinky wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 am
if you can answer my post in the maths based section about my collatz WUs? either 4 seconds with a computational error or 20 minutes. its messing my collatz RAC up no end and i have people like Mark and Damien to over take ;)
I wish I could answer - but I don't have an answer.

I could guess and suggest the following:

1) It could just be a work unit error - so nothing you can do about it. At least the 4 second errors aren't wasting a lot of time - just a pain.

2) The 20 minute error could be a hardware issue - on my GTX970s Collatz takes about 20-25 mins to complete so, it could simply be a local memory/hard drive issue, as Collatz gets near the end and starts writing it's output file, before uploading to the project servers.

Or it could be a config issue. Maybe try exiting BM, renaming your Collatz "app_config.xml" (to say "old_file.txt") and then restart BM and see if that stops it. (Certain commands within app_config file might not precisely suit your hardware, so going back to the default settings might be worth trying).

regards
Tim