Up to number 2

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Up to number 2

Post by bigsinky »

chasing Mark hard now. another year should do it
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: Up to number 2

Post by Woodles »

You're thinking I'm going to sit still and wait for you? :lol:

Well done :handgestures-thumbup:
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Post by bigsinky »

naw i don't want you to. another few nvidia cards might do it but i can't see me going anywhere anytime so. winter has past and i don't need the top floor of my house heated as much anymore. About £5 a day to keep these babies going flat to the max.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

You should close the gap a bit in the near future, I'm shifting to Amicable and Cosmology after the FB sprint, neither of which pay anywhere near as well as Collatz.

Good point though, I could do with getting the rest of my GPUs sorted out and back online, things are getting chilly without them :lol:

Mark
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Post by bigsinky »

Woodles wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 am You should close the gap a bit in the near future, I'm shifting to Amicable and Cosmology after the FB sprint, neither of which pay anywhere near as well as Collatz.

Good point though, I could do with getting the rest of my GPUs sorted out and back online, things are getting chilly without them :lol:

Mark
no fair :( you've upped you cpu and gpu count. your collatz average has shot up and left me for dead. can you not just shut off your computers for a year or so to let me catch up. in reality i know i could never compete. but its nice to dream.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Neil,

Actually, my active CPU and GPU count has gone down :( I'm cleaning and re-arranging things at the moment so 92 cores and 5 GPUs are offline. They're mainly slower Xeon cores and older GPUs so shouldn't make too much difference when they come back.

Cosmology is done so my CPUs will be on ODLK1 and LHC next, which aren't high scorers, until I reach my million(s).

I'm checking on fans and replacing thermal paste on the GPUS so they're back on Collatz temporarily as that stresses them nicely. Primegrid is slightly more demanding but a bit of a pain to set up and fluctuates. Don't worry, once I'm happy with them then they'll be heading back to Amicable until I reach my 100 million. You can close the gap a bit then :)

(Collatz scores will drop significantly for the next couple of days as I'm bunkering for a possible FB sprint. Don't worry, they're still crunching behind the scenes :lol: )

Mark
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Post by bigsinky »

Woodles wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:21 am I'm cleaning and re-arranging things at the moment so 92 cores and 5 GPUs are offline. They're mainly slower Xeon cores and older GPUs so shouldn't make too much difference when they come back.
oh hark at him LOL. making a mint but still down just the 92 cores and 5 gpus. LMFAO. i'm beginning to see myself as a bit of an amateur at this BOINC game. yes i can still earn some points with the hardware i have but i think i will content myself with keeping second place and just wind my neck in a wee bit. Apologies.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

My GPUs generate much more credits than any number of CPUs so another 92 won't make a lot of difference.

The GPUs are mainly 900 series ones so they won't make a lot of difference either.

Still enough to keep you in your place though :lol: :D

I've been doing this for twenty years now and I've built up a fair bit of kit over the years, mostly the past five or so.

Nothing wrong with being second out of 5,177 in the team ... or 212th out of four and a half million in the world. both impressive placings.

No apologies necessary, I didn't see any cause for offence, just a cheeky comment by a valued team member :)

Mark