Another WCG badge!

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Another WCG badge!

Post by Jeffers »

Just got this...

World Community Grid: Congratulations, you've earned a Silver badge for your contribution to OpenZika
You just earned a Silver badge for the contribution you've made to OpenZika. Thanks for your participation, and we look forward to your continued support!
22/11/2018 12:19:34 · more...

It's nice to get a bit of recognition....
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: Another WCG badge!

Post by Woodles »

Well done Jeff, a worthy contribution ... now onwards for a gold one :)

Mark
chriscambridge
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Post by chriscambridge »

I heard that Tim has a agreed to give you a box of chocolate hobnobs for every badge you get. :liar:
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

chriscambridge wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:14 am I heard that Tim has a agreed to give you a box of chocolate hobnobs for every badge you get. :liar:
Really? I might start doing WCG then :D

Mark
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

chriscambridge wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:14 am I heard that Tim has a agreed to give you a box of chocolate hobnobs for every badge you get. :liar:
:lol: I wish....
SuttonSkySurfers

Post by SuttonSkySurfers »

Awesome stuff!!
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hello stranger, welcome to the forums (finally! :) )

Mark
SuttonSkySurfers

Woodles wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:22 am Hello stranger, welcome to the forums (finally! :) )

Mark
lol, well you know how it is, only been a member of the team since 2005!

Good to be here ;) :whistle:
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

No point in rushing things :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris

tut tut...such rumours ;-)

It's just Fake News...

and besides which, I don't want to be seen to be putting Santa out of a job !!

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

SuttonSkySurfers wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:10 am Awesome stuff!!
Welcome to the forum...

And please disregard the rest of the rabble in here talking about choccy Hobnobs...as this is clearly a ruse by certain individuals to improve our websites ranking on Google...

I'm still p*$$ed off that Google called v3.0 of Android "Honeycomb" - what on earth has a former ITN newscaster got to do with mobile phones...? It should clearly have been called Hobnob !!

regards
Tim
SuttonSkySurfers

Woodles wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:38 pm No point in rushing things :lol:
haha thats true ;)
SuttonSkySurfers

UBT - Timbo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:30 pm
SuttonSkySurfers wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:10 am Awesome stuff!!
Welcome to the forum...

And please disregard the rest of the rabble in here talking about choccy Hobnobs...as this is clearly a ruse by certain individuals to improve our websites ranking on Google...

I'm still p*$$ed off that Google called v3.0 of Android "Honeycomb" - what on earth has a former ITN newscaster got to do with mobile phones...? It should clearly have been called Hobnob !!

regards
Tim
No worries, in what way are you looking to improve Google rankings, as I own an SEO company I might be able to help ;)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

SuttonSkySurfers wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:06 pm
UBT - Timbo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:30 pm
No worries, in what way are you looking to improve Google rankings, as I own an SEO company I might be able to help ;)
Hiya

Ah - it was merely a quip, rather than an actual expectation that we need any SE optimisation - and to be honest, I don't feel the need to create/update info on our domain name, simply because this forum works far better...

As you may know, most websites are very much "one sided", (in terms of what is put on them) unless they incorporate some form of blog, or in our case, a forum...and over the years that this forum has been going (which is a lot), so there's enough keywords that have been uttered, that means we're fairly well covered.

Plus the forum URL is plastered over so many BOINC websites which gives us more "gravitas" to our standing/rankings on Google or any other search engine ;-) (and assuming they don't keep changing the algorithms they use !!)

But thanks for the offer :-)

regards
Tim
SuttonSkySurfers

Forums used to be one of the best things to help with Google rankings, you could always see Googlebot sitting under current users permanently on busy forums, as you say mainly because of the recurrent use of keywords and the amount of traffic. The age of a domain gives quite a bit of authority. Content is still king when it comes to rankings and as you mentioned blogs are one of the best ways to achieve this.