Eleven digits!

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Eleven digits!

Post by Woodles »

I've finally managed to add an extra digit to my total :D

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-5/user ... rojectList

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Eleven digits!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Mark

So, 10,004,011,945.17 eh ??

That deserves a very big WOW ;-)

Very well done and I'm guessing you will never add another one hahahahahahahaha

Given Collatz is probably the best credit earner, to get another 90,000,000,000 credits, that is going to take an awfully long time...at current rates of 750,000,000 per month, about 120 months !! - so about 10 years !!

So, you might just need EVERYONE else to join your account :-)

Have a couple of Hobnobs on me and make the most of this one while you can. :-)

regards
Tim

(corrected the maths !!
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:20 pmI'm guessing you will never add another one hahahahahahahaha
Hi Tim,

Collatz is currently 713 million a month and that's with half my cards offline and a break for part of the last sprint. Should be ~1.2 billion a month when everything is running - six years :shhh:

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Mark

I got my intial sums wrong, but even so, 6-10 years is going to take some doing. ;-)

Mind you, within that timeframe NVidia will probably release ever faster GPUs and older GPUs will drop in price and so, anything is possible.

I wonder if BOINC will still be going by then - it's been going long enough already so with luck it will...

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:25 pm Hi Tim,

Collatz is currently 713 million a month and that's with half my cards offline and a break for part of the last sprint. Should be 1.2 billion a month when everything is running - six years :shhh:

Mark
Here's hoping Collatz doesn't run out of work before then ;-) although at least there are some other projects that will also you to get to 12 digits easily enough.

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

I'm thinking when I get a couple of GTX 2580Tis then I'll be able to rack up the points a bit quicker :D

I'm sure BOINC will still be around in one form or another. DA left it to it's own devices a while back and it's still ticking over, new projects added all the time.

I should probably get Moo over the billion mark as well ....

Mark