I've got a Billion!

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

I've got a Billion!

Post by Jeffers »

I was looking at my latest posting and noticed that my signature panel points summary shows me as over a beeeelion!

This is a little more that the Boinc Stats page here https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/list/0/0/214/0
Don't know why there's a difference but I should get the few extra points to cross the billion line on there anytime now.

It doesn't move me up the rankings, I'm still at 17, but looking at average credit I should eventually make the top 10, if I live long enough!
LupusUK

Re: I've got a Billion!

Post by LupusUK »

Congratulations!
I seem to remember a time when I had a similar number of credits to you but you have far outstripped me more recently.

Michael
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Jeff

Excellent stuff...I recall getting quite excited at hitting one million in total BOINC credits...but over time, with improvements in CPU and GPU performance levels, one can get a bit blase about hitting such achievements - though getting to 1M on *each* project is still pretty tough going.

But getting to ONE BEEEEELLLION is a great achievment !! So, very well done - feel free to reward yourself with at least TWO Hobnobs !! ;-)

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Jeffers wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:39 amIt doesn't move me up the rankings, I'm still at 17, but looking at average credit I should eventually make the top 10, if I live long enough!
Well done Jeff :handgestures-thumbupleft:

If you check here (ignoring BU) https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-5/user/list/0/0/214/0 then you're already only the tenth UBT member to reach ten digits :D (and heading for fifth eventually)

Mark
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

LupusUK wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:39 pm Congratulations!
I seem to remember a time when I had a similar number of credits to you but you have far outstripped me more recently.

Michael
I remember.... thing is, I like games so I've upgraded regularly to keep up with new stuff as it came along. I also treated myself to a shiny new gaming rig for my 65th birthday, so that upped my performance quite a bit.
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:09 pm Hi Jeff

Excellent stuff...I recall getting quite excited at hitting one million in total BOINC credits...but over time, with improvements in CPU and GPU performance levels, one can get a bit blase about hitting such achievements - though getting to 1M on *each* project is still pretty tough going.

But getting to ONE BEEEEELLLION is a great achievment !! So, very well done - feel free to reward yourself with at least TWO Hobnobs !! ;-)

regards
Tim
I've had a look back through the Forum and it looks like my first post in this section was back in September 2007, when I'd reached the heady heights of 50k! How times change, eh? The points roll in a bit quicker than that these days....
And we're off out shopping soon, I'll have to remember the Hobnobs!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Jeffers wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:14 pm
I've had a look back through the Forum and it looks like my first post in this section was back in September 2007, when I'd reached the heady heights of 50k! How times change, eh? The points roll in a bit quicker than that these days....
Hi Jeff

Indeed - with GPUs and faster, multi-core CPUs, credits are a wee bit easier to earn....But even so, I've always thought that maybe the credits given should be a lot higher...else how will new members feel, when they see they earn a few tens or hundreds of credits per task and then compare it to members with hundreds of thousands, millions and even billions of credits...it can't be "inspirational" to know that they really don't have any chance of catching up :-(
Jeffers wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:14 pm And we're off out shopping soon, I'll have to remember the Hobnobs!
They should always be ON the shopping list :shock: !!

regards
Tim