Prime Grid - I found an AP21 ;-)

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Prime Grid - I found an AP21 ;-)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

This is now getting silly and and a bit embarrassing:
Dear AP finder,

Congratulations! Our records indicate that a computer registered by you has found a unique Arithmetic Progression of primes of length 21. This computer is assigned to the AP27 project. Since primes found in this subproject are not large enough to report to the Top 5000 Primes List, your AP21 sequence is visible immediately.

Workunit : 165868068103258151+51369043*23#*n for n=0..20

You can select the minimum length of AP for which to receive these notifications in your PrimeGrid preferences.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will surely resolve any problems.

Once again, congratulations on your find! Thank you for participating in PrimeGrid.

Sincerely,
The PrimeGrid Staff
Is anyone else (on the Team) getting these OR is it just me ??

regards
Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: Prime Grid - I found an AP21 ;-)

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

Well I wasn't going to say anything but , yes I've found few since restarting. Now at 14 length 20 and 5 length 21.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikee wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:03 am Hi

Well I wasn't going to say anything but , yes I've found few since restarting. Now at 14 length 20 and 5 length 21.

Mike
Hi Mike

OK - I'll shut up then...I thought it was perhaps just me earning these congratulatory emails ;-)

(Nothing wrong with that, but I'm glad that others are being recognised too, when their crunching earns some recognition. :-) )

regards
Tim
UBT - Ryanbmt
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Ryanbmt »

I get quite a few of these as well, Mostly of length 20 and 21. My inbox is full of them.
There's a option to turn this off on Prime Grid preferences page for people who don't want it.

I for one don't mind it, But constant inbox message's can be annoying to some i'd imagine.