Climbing up the Stats table

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Climbing up the Stats table

Post by Jeffers »

Been looking at the Boinc team stats and I was surprised to find that I'd reach the dizzy heights of 27th place.
I've got someone close on my heels that'll knock me down to 28th in a week or so, but, if the RAC figures are to be believed, I could eventually get into the top ten (just!)
Got myself a new PC for my recent birthday and it looks to have just about doubled my crunching capacity.
Amazing.....

Cheers all, have a great New Year.

Jeff.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Climbing up the Stats table

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Jeff

Well done...and belated Happy Birthday.

It looks like you have a nice shiny new GTX1070 GPU in the PC...and that should do pretty well, credits wise.

The member catching up with you seems to be "Homefarm" and he has a GTX980 plus a GTX970...so, you may find you will be passed in due course.

Of course, you could retire the GTX660 and find a nice cheap GTX780 to replace it...or even a cheap 9xx series one...at least that will keep you in the ball game. ;-)

regards and Happy New Year
Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

Think I might be bursting someones balloon, but as Johns stats (projects) are a bit behind, Homefarm are 16 million ahead of you :-( BOINCStats are a bit more accurate. http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/list/0/0/214/0
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Thanks for the link Mikee, I'd forgotten about that site.
I'm happy to have up to date stats, and I'm still at 32 and climbing, so that's fine.

Cheers, Jeff

PS Must get my sig sorted out....
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Jeff,

Just a little pointer but should you be willing to crunch Collatz instead of Primegrid, that nice shiny 1070 could be getting you 4.5 million credits a day instead of 600K :)

Regards,

Mark
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Mark,

Thanks for the heads-up on that. I took a look at Collatz and there's a message saying they aren't accepting new members. Fortunately when I put in my details, it turns out I've already got an account there so I've re-activated it. Let's see what happens.....

Cheers, Jeff
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Another year gone by, and it's now 20th position for me (and climbing!)
The shiny new PC I treated myself for my 65th birthday is now a year old. It's still doing everything I want so I can't really justify any upgrades just yet.....

Cheers, Jeff
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Jeff,

Johns site has got a bit out of date and doesn't include many of the newer projects. Boincstats has you in 14th place (and going up a place by tomorrow) :D

No need for a upgrade ... but if you tweak the way Collatz is running, you could be getting an extra million a day there :shock:

See here viewtopic.php?f=93&t=6001#p111354 and modify your collatz_sieve_1.21_windows_x86_64__opencl_amd_gpu.config file to contain:

Code: Select all

verbose=1
kernels_per_reduction=56
threads=9
lut_size=17
sieve_size=28
sleep=1
cache_sieve=1
reduce_cpu=0
No need for a reboot or anything, Collatz will pick up the file on the next workunit.

Mark