Up 1 in team

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Up 1 in team

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

Not a milestone I really wanted and not one I would have expected a couple of years ago. I just overtook Temujin.

John was a long time top producer in the team and once challanged for World top spot. Even using Bitcoin it still took two years for me to catch up which shows how good he was.

I don't know for certain why he stopped producing, it would be nice to think he would return someday and say hello.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Up 1 in team

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikee wrote:Hi

Not a milestone I really wanted and not one I would have expected a couple of years ago. I just overtook Temujin.
Hi Mikee,

Sorry about the mixed feelings for achieving this...but you have persevered and continued with BOINC when others have decided to stop...so, you should feel good about achieving 7th place. Big congrats to you :-)
John was a long time top producer in the team and once challanged for World top spot. Even using Bitcoin it still took two years for me to catch up which shows how good he was.

I don't know for certain why he stopped producing, it would be nice to think he would return someday and say hello.

Mike
I think John simply got tired of BOINC - he'd achieved a lot and he was lucky enough to have plenty of PC's at his disposal to be able to generate a huge number of credits, across most of the BOINC projects that are/were available. Indeed, on some projects he is still the #1 cruncher in our team and in some cases, in the UK - I've not checked but he might still be #1 in the World on some projects.

I, too, hope he pops his head in the door, at some point, if only to say "Hello" - as a Team, we will always be grateful for his involvement and his inspiration.

regards
Tim