Stroking My Ego

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
nick
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Stroking My Ego

Post by nick »

Well I just hit top 100 for the team (without asci) and 5 projects over a mil not to bad for 50 days I guess
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: Stroking My Ego

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Well done! Top 100 out of nearly 5,000 is no mean achievement! Onward and upward!

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

nick wrote:Well I just hit top 100 for the team (without asci) and 5 projects over a mil not to bad for 50 days I guess
That's really good going Nick = well done !!

Took me ages to get to just 1 million (combined) credits and even longer to get to a million on any one project. But then CPU's were less "powerful" back then...I think I started running BOINC using a 486DX-33...(originally) and then slowly upgraded over time to something a wee bit better.

And then I discovered GPU's and subsequently ASIC's ;)

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
nick wrote:Well I just hit top 100 for the team (without asci) and 5 projects over a mil not to bad for 50 days I guess
That's really good going Nick = well done !!

Took me ages to get to just 1 million (combined) credits and even longer to get to a million on any one project. But then CPU's were less "powerful" back then...I think I started running BOINC using a 486DX-33...(originally) and then slowly upgraded over time to something a wee bit better.

And then I discovered GPU's and subsequently ASIC's ;)

regards
Tim
Congratulations Nick, I think it took me about a year to get my first million :shock: Although like Tim says, in those days there was only CPU computing and speeds were measured in MHz, not GHz :D