Double Congrats to me :)

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Double Congrats to me :)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Along with a UoTD award on Leiden, I've also just hit the 1,000,000 credit mark on POEM :)

:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-cheerleaderkid:

It's going to be a long time until I become another project Millionaire - as my next "highest" total are on WCG and PrimaBOINCA, both of which I'm at the 500,000+ mark.

I'll have to see how best I can do on some of the lower scoring projects first though, as some projects have not seen much activity on my PC's....but that's mainly due to the projects not having enough tasks available...or I can't run them !! :laughing-rolling:

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Re: Double Congrats to me :)

Post by UBT - Chris »

Nice one, Tim!

As we're always up for a good challenge, let's see if you can break 1 million on WCG by the end of July :P

Good luck! :D

Chris
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the challenge ;) ...but as much as I'd like to give it a go, there are other challenges we need to consider, one of which is our position within the Formula-BOINC league standings...

And just switching over my CPU's to WCG isn't going to earn me half a million credits in (let's say) 5 months :(

If I'm lucky, I might get 100k.....but I can always do that some other time.

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi Tim,

I'd not heard about this Formula-BOINC league... How do I join/participate?

I get that it takes time, so as long as the team's being helped, that's great :D

Chris
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris,

The formula-boinc league is run by L'Alliance Francophone and is simply a statistical website showing the annual progress of each team.

It's split into 3 leagues based on the RAC of each team....so, a Team RAC of more than 10 million gets you into League One.

http://formula-boinc.org/

UBT is in league Two...so to join in, you need do nothing EXCEPT to crunch on projects featured in the league tables. All UBT credits for said projects are compiled from each projects stats and hence the numbers that appear.

A small number of UBT members are crunching specific projects in order to improve our ranking - we've been at #11 for a while, but we need a major "push" to get into the higher places.

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info :D

It looks like I'm already donating as much power as I have to our efforts in Formula BOINC - I'm on Enigma and Goofyxgrid :D

Chris
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D