1M credits in a day!

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Rick Horn

1M credits in a day!

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

The team clocked up an amazing 1 million credits in 24 hours yesterday.   :shock:

http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_ ... &or=0&co=3

Have we recruited a super-cruncher? I hope so.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

I think you'll find that it's due to "axpayne" joining the team and bringing their 580K climate prediction credits with them.

We're just plodding along with our normal 500K credits a day otherwise  :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

Woodles wrote:I think you'll find that it's due to "axpayne" joining the team and bringing their 580K climate prediction credits with them.

Cor! Welcome aboard axpayne!  :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote:I think you'll find that it's due to "axpayne" joining the team and bringing their 580K climate prediction credits with them.

Hi,

Actually, "axpayne" has re-joined us......he was with us for a while on CPDN, but left to join another team, back in February 2006...!!

So, it should really be Welcome "BACK" !!!

regards

Tim

(PS Back then, we had about 550 members, we were 3rd in the UK and 46th in the World....my, how times change....now over 2,090 members, 1st in UK and 25th in the World....!!!!)
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Founder wrote:Hi,

Actually, "axpayne" has re-joined us......he was with us for a while on CPDN, but left to join another team, back in February 2006...!!

So, it should really be Welcome "BACK" !!!

regards

Tim
Ah well, I wasn't around then so I don't remember him  :P

Welcome back anyway  :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: 1M credits in a day!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

...and 10 years later, during the last week or so, we have been earning 10-15 million credits per day.

But go back a couple of weeks and we earning over 50 million credits per day !! (The difference is explained by the fact that fewer are crunching GPU projects right now, which might be due to the extreme temperatures the UK has been "suffering" ;-)

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team ... 4/lastDays

(And in case anyone is a bit forgetful, back when Bitcoin Utopia was an active BOINC project, we were earning more than 50 million credit an hour (at least !!!) )

regards
Tim