10 million on Amicable Numbers

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

10 million on Amicable Numbers

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Well, I've reached another milestone....just passed the 10 million credits mark on Amicable Numbers (thanks to their GPU app)..

Next target for me is 10 million on SETI@home ;-)

Plus maybe looking to hit the 1 million mark on a couple of CPU based projects...currenly TN-Grid and Cosmology ;-)

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: 10 million on Amicable Numbers

Post by Woodles »

Congratulations Tim :clap:

SETI might be a bit slower, their GPU app isn't the best and they use CreditNew :o :(
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:04 pm Congratulations Tim :clap:

SETI might be a bit slower, their GPU app isn't the best and they use CreditNew :o :(
Hi Mark

Yup - I know...but it's the one GPU project where I haven't yet hit at least 10 million credits so it's the least I can do with the Daddy of all the BOINC projects ;-)

Am currently at a shade under 5.3m so with a bit of a push from my 3 GPU's I think it's possible to achieve - but I need to earn far more than 5,000 per day (current RAC)...as 4.7m will take me nearly 3 years running 24/7 to make up the difference based on that.

So, if anyone wants to loan me a couple of nice 1080Ti's that just happen to be lying around doing nothing, please let me know. :-D 8-) :idea:

regards
Tim
damienh
UBT Contributor

Post by damienh »

Well done Tim!
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Congratulations!
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi both

Thanks for the congrats. :-)

I have to admit being a little bit smug about hitting this target...though, to be honest i only got there as they released a GPU app some time back and hence it was fairly easy to reach... ;-)

It does leave me with getting more credits on both the SETI project as well as Albert@home (the Einstein "alpha/test" project), as all the other GPU projects, I have now reached some fairly massive totals...and I don't really have any more "signifcant" goals to aim for.

regards
Tim
damienh
UBT Contributor

Post by damienh »

There are always bigger numbers and more targets out there Tim :)
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

They've just released new work on GPUGrid, should be pretty quick for you to get that to 20 million? Or a 100 million on PrimeGrid?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Damien Healy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:22 pm There are always bigger numbers and more targets out there Tim :)
Hi Damien

Indeedy...but I'm getting to the point where I've already contributed massive credits to some GPU projects...so I'm less inclined to keep on supporting them (except when it comes to Sprints and various Challenges).

So, I can be a bit more choosy with regards to where I should point my GPUs towards.

And the SETI@home project is one I've not given as much time to, mainly due to the CreditsNew method of rewarding volunteers (as Mark mentioned, it's not a "big" payer of credits).

But the 10 million mark is quite an achievement and I'd really like to hit that and then I don't feel I need to do much more with them.
Woodles wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:19 pm They've just released new work on GPUGrid, should be pretty quick for you to get that to 20 million? Or a 100 million on PrimeGrid?
Thanks for the suggestion Mark.

I can concur with you on the GPUGrid side - I'm at 19,564,273 credits already, so a short burst of work and I can hit 20m which is a nice round number !!

[UPDATE]: The GPU tasks I've crunched so far today have earned me either 16.9k or 21.6k credits...so with an average of about 20k credits per task, I just need 20 tasks (with each taking around 2 hours each on my GTX970s) to crack the 20m mark.

100m on PG is a big ask - I'd need 35m or so, so I can do that in the longer term perhaps?...

I think 4+ million on SETI is a simpler task....and I think I have a plan for that, as my GTX5x0 series** GPUs are sitting in a box doing "not a lot". So I might just unearth them, stick them in a spare PC box, put in a big hefty PSU that can power them all and see how they go - at least I'll have some "NVidia branded" central heating for a while... ;-)...

** = I've got a GTX590, GTX580 and GTX560Ti. They will need at least 2 x PCIe 8-pin connectors and 3x PCIe 6pin connectors IIRC...and maybe a 1000W PSU too.

regards
Tim