WCG HPF2 WUs

WCGs mission is to create the largest public computing grid benefiting humanity. You can choose from various work units to crunch: Fight AIDS, cure Cancer or support the Human Proteome Folding projects amongst many. (Previously supported by IBM).
UBT - verdade

WCG HPF2 WUs

Post by UBT - verdade »

A subject line with only acronyms? Maybe I should try a whole post like that. :wink:

With WCG, I am signed up for both "Help Defeat Cancer", and "Human Proteome Folding 2". However, I only seem to get HDC WUs. I'm not sure I can remember getting one HPF2 WU.

Is there a minimum hardware spec for that project that I might not meet, or something? It's running on a pretty good computer. I don't know whether hard disk space might be an issue.

Michael.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Nope its just what the server decides to send out as you are getting HDC WU's your computer is up to doing HPF2 WU's they may just be a shortage of them
UBT - verdade

Post by UBT - verdade »

Thanks for clearing that up.  :)

I hope I start getting some soon. I think it's something worth working on. It's a shame that Folding@Home hasn't moved to BOINC yet.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Something went majorly wrong at Folding@Home a while back and not much else has gone on there at all.

As for WU's at WCG just sit tight the server will eventually send you some
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

HPF2 is on hold at the moment there is an error in some work units

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forum ... hread=8062
UBT - verdade

Post by UBT - verdade »

Thanks John.

That's a shame. I would have liked to have done some crunching on that. Hope they're back up soon. Predictor has also stopped giving out WUs, for the time being. I'm pretty much down to Rosetta and HDC.

Would like to see some more disease-related stuff.

Michael.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Will keep you posted on when Malariacontrolnet is ready for more people, don't forget WCG also do FAAH (fight Aids@home)
UBT - Halifax-lad

SIMAP as well is another protein one you can do as well whilst waiting for other projects to appear