Beta Tasks and Badges

WCGs mission is to create the largest public computing grid benefiting humanity. You can choose from various work units to crunch: Fight AIDS, cure Cancer or support the Human Proteome Folding projects amongst many. (Previously supported by IBM).
ChelseaOilman
TeAm AnandTech team member

Beta Tasks and Badges

Post by ChelseaOilman »

If your unaware, now is a great time to get beta tasks and upgrade your beta badge at WCG. Make sure you enable getting beta tasks on the beta projects page and a good selection right now on the regular projects page to go with it is Help Stop TB. There are lots of beta tasks going out right now for the Covid-19 project coming up. Only a few Help Stop TB tasks. This way your client doesn't get clogged up with tasks that are easy to get.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: Beta Tasks and Badges

Post by Woodles »

Hi Carl,

I've got beta projects selected in my profiles and TB and Aids selected in the regular projects but WCG keeps saying there's no work available. Has it all gone?
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

I might have gotten lucky with my timing last night. I noticed I had a few beta tasks on my boxes so deselected all the other projects except TB which also has very few tasks available and suddenly I had several hundred beta tasks in my queue. This morning when I checked my boxes I had none. I'm going to leave it like that during the sprint and if I notice I'm getting beta tasks I'll download as many as I can and then suspend WCG until the sprint is over. They may be releasing the beta tasks in batches.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

I've been signed up to Beta tasks since I started and not managed to get any yet.

Probably timing then, I was off the network for a while after TN-Grid had filled the cache. Blocked TN-Grid at the firewall, re-enabled the internet and it looks like all the tasks have gone. Never mind, I'll wait for the proper ones.
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

I managed to get over 400 beta tasks last night. Nothing right now.
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

I received over 100 beta tasks last night. They seem to be coming out in spurts.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

i managed to grab a few during the sprint but they timed out as I was fully committed to TN-Grid :(

Managed to grab 31 of the new bunch :D