Project Leader

WCGs mission is to create the largest public computing grid benefiting humanity. You can choose from various work units to crunch: Fight AIDS, cure Cancer or support the Human Proteome Folding projects amongst many. (Previously supported by IBM).
h0sting

Project Leader

Post by h0sting »

Who is the project leader for World Community Grid??
UBT - Rick Horn

Re: Project Leader

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

h0sting wrote:Who is the project leader for World Community Grid??
The project leader is our founder, UBT - Timbo.
h0sting

Post by h0sting »

Yes, i know that, so i shall rephrase - Who, if anyone, is the project cheerleader

Surely you have delegated positions for each project who have some form of authority? Or is Timby super human?
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

h0sting wrote:Yes, i know that, so i shall rephrase - Who, if anyone, is the project cheerleader

Surely you have delegated positions for each project who have some form of authority? Or is Timby super human?
He`s pretty good, but not super human.
There isn`t a cheerleader for WCG, so why not take on the task yourself, Im sure Timbo would be delighted to relinquish the heavy burden from his shoulders. Just PM him.
h0sting

Post by h0sting »

Might have a think about it, but first i need to start using the forums and getting to know how things work around here. Ive sort of neglected the forums since joining the team.

Some of my concerns that i wanted to chat about were how badly the team is doing in WCG - trying to get some ideas running to get more activity here, maybe competing in more of the WCG competitions etc - But yeh thanks i will have a chat to timbo.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

h0sting wrote:Some of my concerns that i wanted to chat about were how badly the team is doing in WCG - trying to get some ideas running to get more activity here, maybe competing in more of the WCG competitions etc
We have, on occasion, entered into some of the WCG competitions, and WCG is, perhaps, one of the most worthy projects to crunch for, I just wish that they'd award more credits per WU (I know, I'm pretty shallow).  :?
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Joshrandom wrote: We have, on occasion, entered into some of the WCG competitions, and WCG is, perhaps, one of the most worthy projects to crunch for, I just wish that they'd award more credits per WU (I know, I'm pretty shallow).  :?
I did ask if someone would be a volunteer for this a while back and there was a serious lack of feedback!Image

I must be a bit shallow too but I prefer to call it 'credit hogging'. This, I think, is the main reason why we're doing so badly - BOINC credits being relatively poor compared to the vast majority of other projects.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image