New cancer project

WCGs mission is to create the largest public computing grid benefiting humanity. You can choose from various work units to crunch: Fight AIDS, cure Cancer or support the Human Proteome Folding projects amongst many. (Previously supported by IBM).
ghosttrain

New cancer project

Post by ghosttrain »

For anyone interested in cancer projects.  As I have stated ad nauseum I came to this crunching lark via grid.org's UD because of my rabid hate for cancer.  I contacted WCG recently to ask if there were any plans for a new cancer project and got this reply
Hello Geoff,
Yes, we have two additional cancer projects in the queue.  One is scheduled to launch later this summer and one early next year.  There are many project tasks that must be completed before we can launch a new research project on World Community Grid, but we are working through these and are very happy that you have decided to support the research projects at World Community Grid and help humanity!

Tedi
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: New cancer project

Post by UBT - Timbo »

ghosttrain wrote:For anyone interested in cancer projects.  As I have stated ad nauseum I came to this crunching lark via grid.org's UD because of my rabid hate for cancer.  I contacted WCG recently to ask if there were any plans for a new cancer project and got this reply...
That's a great bit of news....am glad that WCG are starting to spread their "corporate" muscle and to help other needy projects....

We'll get this damn cancer thing licked soon enough...

regards,

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Thanks for the heads up Geoff as I've been waiting to hear news on when they would be starting a new cancer project.

Gary.