Unable to get new work/report results

WCGs mission is to create the largest public computing grid benefiting humanity. You can choose from various work units to crunch: Fight AIDS, cure Cancer or support the Human Proteome Folding projects amongst many. (Previously supported by IBM).
RodEllery

Unable to get new work/report results

Post by RodEllery »

I'm getting server errors with WCG at present.

Unable to report results (and it looks like no new work being sent). Uploads seem ok.

No news on their web site but see this thread in their forums.
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forum ... read=13601
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

I'm assuming it has something to do with Marks post
From WCG news an example of the power of the UK Boinc Team

"6 Hour BOINC Outage starting at 1:00 UTC May 24, 2007 [Completed]  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are going to migrate the BOINC database from running on a 4GB two processor system running MySQL 4.1 to a new server with 8GB and 4 processors running MySQL 5.0. In order to do the migration we are going to need to shutdown the BOINC schedulers for about 6 hours starting at about 1:00 UTC."

They had to upgraded to cope with our team crunch Wink

Maybe they were a day late with the migration?

Gary.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

I think that was performed successfully. (there is a clue in Mark's posting, the word 'completed' is a hint, Detective Froggi).

Mark has made a posting in the WCG forums but as yet no replies apart from:-
On the upload side only the 'Ready to Report' failing indicates that the function called 'Scheduler' is off-line. Here's a diagram of the WCG structure:

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forum ... et=0#89228

The centre piece was the one being replaced yesterday, and from the different messages it looks like the feeder / scheduler combo went off line.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

RodEllery wrote:I think that was performed successfully. (there is a clue in Mark's posting, the word 'completed' is a hint, Detective Froggi).

I was basically testing your observational skills and I'm happy to say you have passed with flying colours.

The fact is, completed or not it's more than likely tied in with the migration so if something is not sorted soon looks like we will have to crunch whichever project came second in the poll.

Senior observations Examiner.
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Rockinfroggi wrote:looks like we will have to crunch whichever project came second in the poll.
Senior observations Examiner.
now i wonder if that will be PrimeGrid  :wink:
i started wednesday doing WCG but now no work :cry:
we shall just have to sit tight and see what happens.

strange how each time we go into a mini crunch the gremlins get in there..

b. :D
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Second in poll is RCN I believe. I've just pulled an RCN WU as only 7 mins of WCG work left!  14 hours worth ready to report though!

edit:
Sekerob
Community Advisor
Given the time differential from Tx to UTC, guess it will be about 15:00 CET that the techs will hit the office. Add an hour or 2 for problem diagnostics and re-routing.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

WCG is connecting ok now :lol: