Scottish Boinc Team Going For Rosetta Push

A range of Biological/Medical Science projects that need our help, such as: Rosetta, Ralph
UBT - The Prof....

Scottish Boinc Team Going For Rosetta Push

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Found this on SBT site:-
So, while I was poking around the old (new?) place, it has been suggested that Megacruncher and I stop knocking lumps out of eachother and pool resources for September on Rosetta.

Anyone else up for a month long sprint to get us back into shape on this project?
Looks as if they want to try to do what they did with Cosmology.  :shock:
Do we let them, or do we try to do the same :?:

Having looked further they are running this as their 'project for the month' :!:
Comments, please...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Scottish Boinc Team Going For Rosetta Push

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - The Prof.... wrote:Looks as if they want to try to do what they did with Cosmology.  :shock:
Do we let them, or do we try to do the same :?:

Having looked further they are running this as their 'project for the month' :!:
Comments, please...
Well, we're 4 million credits ahead of TSBT and currently our RAC is 10k more than theirs per day....

A months worth of TSBT crunching from their 65 Rosetta members, might mean they increase their RAC a bit....but we have 393 Rosetta members, so they'd need to be "going some" to get close to surpassing our RAC....and to crunch at least 4m worth of WU's would be more than just going "some"...:-)

I personally wouldn't worry about it for now...let them have their fun and Rosetta will appreciate their endeavours I'm sure.

regards

Tim
fellie
UBT Contributor

Post by fellie »

thread revival  :D

TSBT have anounced another push http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat ... ta&chid=18

are we in  :?:
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

I think that their 'push' is a reaction to nearly falling out of the top 100 in the world and not as a direct result of anything that we've done - http://www.dunadd.co.uk/seti/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1452

UBT is currently over 38 million in front and outproducing everyone (TSBT by 25K a day) so I personally feel no need to compete :D
fellie
UBT Contributor

Post by fellie »

Point taken  :D
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Already running this anyway, so makes no odds as far as I am concerned :wink: