Ancient Account

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
Torn Jacketson

Ancient Account

Post by Torn Jacketson »

I know this is hard to believe, but in the middle of the night last night I woke up and had remembered an ancient email address (and password believe it or not) under which I used to run SETI some 11 years ago ....

It is a completely different email address to the one I have now, and does not have much credit on it ~50k, but I have managed to successfully log into the account so I have remembered correctly!!

Is there any way that the ancient account can be merged into my current one??

Steve
Torn Jacketson

Re: Ancient Account

Post by Torn Jacketson »

No worries on this. I have a reply from the BOINC Team and they said "No!". I will just link that old account to UBT so that its credit goes to the team (what little there is). It would have made little difference anyway as its total credit is less than 80% of the best day from my new machine.

Steve
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

Welcome back!

Just in case someone else has this question, you can merge computers by going to your account, clicking the 'computers on this account, on the next page expand to show 'all computers'. This will show all the computers that had accessed the account since around 2007. You can merge them if you want.

11 years is a bit too far back as the original SETI servers were retired and all the credits up to that date were binned.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Torn Jacketson

Post by Torn Jacketson »

Thanks Mike - useful info, but that is not quite the issue I have.

I have my current account on SETI linked to my current email address that has my current computer crunching away with close on 1.3m credit.

I have just remembered the access details for a completely separate account (last contacted SETI in 2008, created in 2004), linked to a completely different (and obsolete email account), with one of my old computers linked to it with a mere 46,767 credit.

What I was wondering is whether the "old" email related account could be merged into my "new" email account and bring over the credit from that account into the new one and then kill off the old account completely (email address is dead and gone anyway).

It seems, based on the feedback of the SETI team, that this kind of merge cannot be done. It matters not as the credit from the old account is something and nothing anyway as my new machine will amass that in less than 2 days, so adding 46k to my current account achieves little - I just don't like redundant stuff lying around - must be because I am a programmer.

I have linked the second account to UBT so that the 46.767 is added to the team credit.

Steve
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Sounds like they're right.

I assume that if you change the old email addresses account to your new it would just error out and say that the new addy is already in use by another computer.

In the good old days 47,000 would have been a decent amount to worry about, just noticed that UBT - JohnR gets that in an hour and that without Bitcoin!

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image