T-Shirts for 15th Anniversary of SETI

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote:Surely they should be 16th anniversary by now :D
Hi Mark,

Quite - I've heard nothing from "them" since October when I was told someone called Rob would be in touch....and as I didn't have their contact details, I had to wait and see...

But at least I now know that the t-shirts are in UK - so, just a question of getting costs from someone called "Chris" and then I can pass on the details to those on the forum who expressed an interest.

Though I can't see why this exercise has taken over 6 months - but as Uli is simply volunteering to do this as a fund raiser for SETI, one can't really complain.

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

Thinking about it, they would be more practical in the summer (such that it is) rather than the depths of winter so the timing might work out well after all.

I wasn't complaining at all, merely a comment on the time it took to organise a T-shirt. Imagine if ET was actually found, we'd still be organising the reception after he'd died of old age!

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote:Hi Tim,

Thinking about it, they would be more practical in the summer (such that it is) rather than the depths of winter so the timing might work out well after all.

I wasn't complaining at all, merely a comment on the time it took to organise a T-shirt. Imagine if ET was actually found, we'd still be organising the reception after he'd died of old age!

Mark
Hi Mark,

One thing to remember about this is that Uli is simply a volunteer, who uses her skills to make T-shirts and help to generate some interest and funds for SETI@home. So, it's not like there's a massive organisation behind all of this - it's one person, trying to help out and then deal with people from all over the world to ensure they get to the members who want them.

AFAIK, Uli doesn't get paid for this - and getting everything in place to do this task must take up some of her time...and it relies on a chain of people to get things done....and if anyone screws up, then delays happen.

But as you say, they'll be great for summer - even if a year late !!!

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I've had a PM from Chris on the SETI@home forum, that those who've ordered these SETI T-shirts have NOT been in touch with him.

I've sent PM's (on this forum) to members who ordered them, giving them the details to get in touch with Chris - so, I'm a bit surprised that NO-ONE has.

So, please either let Chris or me know, if you still want what you ordered or not.

regards
Tim