SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

T-Shirts for 15th Anniversary of SETI

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I just spotted this today:

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_th ... p?id=72937

Seems that Uli has got some ideas to have some SETI Anniversary t-shirts made and in various sizes.

I'm happy to get them all delivered to me and then to despatch from here, which will keep postage costs down.

If anyone is interested, then please reply here and once Uli gives me some costs then I can let people know and then it'll be a question of sorting out what size(s) people want.

regards
Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kieron J. Barr

Post by Kieron J. Barr »

I'd certainly be up for a couple of those.

I don't normally wear T-shirts (more or a polo shirt person), but I can make exceptions :)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Plans are afoot to have some SETI 15th Anniversary t-shirts brought over to UK this week.

I'm not sure how many there will be, but if you are interested, please reply to this thread and I can let you know.

regards and sorry about the short notice as I only found out this afternoon.
Tim
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Cost dependent as always ..... surprise :) ...... but could be interested, buzz me with costs et al as and when its appropriate if its not put up on the Board when costs are confirmed.

Regards
Zy
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Could be interested in these - only mentioned to the wife at the weekend that a trip to the dreaded Meadowhall might be necessary to replace some summer wear!!

(That's 'dreaded' for me, of course - my wife won't pass up the slightest excuse!  :cry: )
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Sounds good to me, I'll take a couple :D

Edit.
Zy, the most recent posts from Uli said:
Sizes available are:
Youth M and L
Adults S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL and 6XL.

A YM to XL $17 a piece.
So far a xxl will set you back $19.50
That is for single piece shipping only.
Although I believe that's just for US delivery.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Uli could only pack one t-shirt in her baggage, when she flew over to UK today, so in the next few days, I should receive it.

And I'll post a photo of it, although you can see pics on this thread:

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_th ... p?id=74716

As far as getting more is concerned, I've offered to be a distribution hub for any UK crunchers (UBT or otherwise).

So, I've asked for pricing on 25, 50 and 100 pcs.....and with luck, Uli can get a cheap-ish rate to air-parcel them over....just a shame she couldn't fit 5-10 pcs in her baggage....

There is also someone on the SETI forum called Chris who has offered to be a London distribution centre....so maybe he and I can get together and do a "joint" package.

Once she gets back to US, then no doubt she'll confirm prices and then I'll let everyone know.

But it *should* be cheaper to get a good quantity sent in one go (and for the overall postage to be split 25, 50 or 100 ways) rather than buying in "one-offs" and paying a higher overall rate.

We shall see...

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Good luck Tim, I'll look forward to any updates.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

OK - Uli has let me know that a second batch needs to be made, in order to meet any UK demand.

So, the current "orders" are as follows:

Woodles - 2x Medium
Zydor - 1x XL (for 48" chest)
Kieron J. Barr - 1x L + 1x XL
hgblade - 1x L
a.n.other - 1x XL
Francis McDermott - 1x L

Total allocated: 7 pieces - 2x M, 3x L, 3x XL

(last updated 20th Aug 2014)

I've so far specified that I could take 25 pieces.......so, that leaves 18 more to be "allocated", on a "first come, first served" basis.

And, I need to know what sizes (and we're talking American sizes, so be careful what you specify) are needed, so please reply here.

regards
Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

I assume a second batch will get here before the 16th anniversary? :D

A rough guide on prices would be nice but I understand it may depend on quantity and timings of the second batch.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_mens.htm gives some conversion sizes for the UK, always with a disclaimer though!

Could you put me down for 2* medium please.

Thanks,

Mark
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

I'll go for one ...

XL or 48 inch chest whatever floats their boat on size specs
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Uli has advised me that the cost of the T-shirts will be US $13 each.

Sizes are M, L and XL.

Final cost though will also be dependent on shipping costs...so I need to get some final quantity figures and then advise Uli so we know what the weight will be and then we can see what any additional costs will be for carriage to UK.

Then's there's the cost of postage from me to each member, which will also be a variable depending on how many each person orders.

More soon,

regards
Tim

PS Please also note - this is not a profit-earning activity for me...the whole idea is to earn money for SETI@home....so, any extra costs involved over and above the $13, will be simply down to post and packing costs.
Kieron J. Barr

Post by Kieron J. Barr »

I have no idea how the sizes differ from the UK to the US, so I will take an L and XL. I'm a tall lad, so I would need a large size anyway.
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

I've got a t-shirt from a US book club that I'm a member of, and it's size L, 42-44 it says on the label. So I'll take one size L please.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I had a msg from Uli, and she wants a final list of "numbers" for SETI Anniversary t-shirts.

So, if you've not put your name forward, please do so BEFORE 21st August, as that is the date by which we need to know.

Any order after this date will not be considered until May 2015.

regards
Tim
Francis McDermott
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Francis McDermott »

Just seen this thread - Can I have a Large please if you've not already reached your 25 quota :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Francis McDermott wrote:Just seen this thread - Can I have a Large please if you've not already reached your 25 quota :D
Hi Francis,

Consider it done.

And sadly, we're nowhere near the 25 pieces I thought we might have interest for. C'est la vie as they say.

However, I will get a couple of extra's in, just in case.

regards and thanks,
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I've had a message from Uli, that some 15th Anniversary T-shirts have now landed in UK....of which some are for members of UBT.

Once I hear more about how these will be distributed to those who've ordered them, I'll update this thread.

Basically, they should be approx $13-$17 each plus a couple of pounds for UK postage, so get your Paypal or credit card accounts ready.

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I've had a PM today from Uli's friend Chris that he now has UK stock of the 15th Anniversary SETI t-shirts.

I'm awaiting confirmation of final pricing (including UK postage to recipients) but the plan is that I will pass on Chris' details and then it's up to you to make contact with him and he'll post them directly to you.

If any questions, please let me know.

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Surely they should be 16th anniversary by now :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote:Surely they should be 16th anniversary by now :D
Hi Mark,

Quite - I've heard nothing from "them" since October when I was told someone called Rob would be in touch....and as I didn't have their contact details, I had to wait and see...

But at least I now know that the t-shirts are in UK - so, just a question of getting costs from someone called "Chris" and then I can pass on the details to those on the forum who expressed an interest.

Though I can't see why this exercise has taken over 6 months - but as Uli is simply volunteering to do this as a fund raiser for SETI, one can't really complain.

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

Thinking about it, they would be more practical in the summer (such that it is) rather than the depths of winter so the timing might work out well after all.

I wasn't complaining at all, merely a comment on the time it took to organise a T-shirt. Imagine if ET was actually found, we'd still be organising the reception after he'd died of old age!

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote:Hi Tim,

Thinking about it, they would be more practical in the summer (such that it is) rather than the depths of winter so the timing might work out well after all.

I wasn't complaining at all, merely a comment on the time it took to organise a T-shirt. Imagine if ET was actually found, we'd still be organising the reception after he'd died of old age!

Mark
Hi Mark,

One thing to remember about this is that Uli is simply a volunteer, who uses her skills to make T-shirts and help to generate some interest and funds for SETI@home. So, it's not like there's a massive organisation behind all of this - it's one person, trying to help out and then deal with people from all over the world to ensure they get to the members who want them.

AFAIK, Uli doesn't get paid for this - and getting everything in place to do this task must take up some of her time...and it relies on a chain of people to get things done....and if anyone screws up, then delays happen.

But as you say, they'll be great for summer - even if a year late !!!

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I've had a PM from Chris on the SETI@home forum, that those who've ordered these SETI T-shirts have NOT been in touch with him.

I've sent PM's (on this forum) to members who ordered them, giving them the details to get in touch with Chris - so, I'm a bit surprised that NO-ONE has.

So, please either let Chris or me know, if you still want what you ordered or not.

regards
Tim