A little mifted....

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
UBT - Glenn
UBT Contributor

A little mifted....

Post by UBT - Glenn »

Hi all,

After a few days getting up and running again (new client instal etc) im gutted as i can't add Seti@home (removed all projects and re-added to freshen them up) as they are still down..more than half way thru the WoW 2012 event i wonder if they will reset the start time for this project...

Also a question i was thinking of was how does Boinc know what data is going to seti@home normal and which is going seti@home wow event?

Best wishes Glenn
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Hi Glenn

Seti is down at the moment. From what I gather it is planned downtime, and I think it is supposed to be for about 36 hours. It started yesterday, and at this moment their website is still unavailable.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Great timing, having a 36 hour down time in the middle of a big crunch!  :roll:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: A little mifted....

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Glenn Wellstead wrote:
Also a question i was thinking of was how does Boinc know what data is going to seti@home normal and which is going seti@home wow event?
All data goes to SETI@Home. WOW event extrapolates the data from the SETI site.

SETI appears to be coming back online now. I've managed to upload all of my data but all are stuck at 'ready to report'
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Glenn
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Glenn »

Still can't add Seti@home as a project..im doomed...

First extra server downtime the we have a 2 hour powercut and now i see on the website :

http://www.seti-germany.de/Wow_2012/sta ... de&lang=en

that the rockets are off and running :( Gemini Team (my team) seem to be currently 4ish ;)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Glenn
Glenn Wellstead wrote:Still can't add Seti@home as a project..im doomed...
For you to install SETI project their website needs to be online, but due to the power outage it wasn't....and for a little while, their servers will be VERY busy as all the WU's that have been completed, will be being uploaded and new WU's will be downloaded...so, just be patient - the SETI WOW event is on for TWO WEEKS, so there's plenty of time to add your contribution :)
Glenn Wellstead wrote:First extra server downtime the we have a 2 hour powercut and now i see on the website :

http://www.seti-germany.de/Wow_2012/sta ... de&lang=en

that the rockets are off and running :( Gemini Team (my team) seem to be currently 4ish ;)
There' ll be more credits added over the next few days as the SETI servers get back into action - but be aware that SETI usually goes offline on a Tuesday - so make sure you adjust BOINC to allow for 1-2 days worth of WU, setting the "Max additional work buffer" number to maybe 1 or 2 (Tools > computing preferences > network usage" )

regards
Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Glenn
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Glenn »

All working now...crunching those WU's :)

Best wishes Glenn