SETI@home News April 17 2006

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
UBT - PaulT

SETI@home News April 17 2006

Post by UBT - PaulT »

April 17, 2006
Our regular Wednesday maintenance outage has been moved to Tuesdays beginning this week. We're doing this to accomodate a number of scheduling conflicts that prevented all of the engineers from being available during the outages.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

And meanwhile I have had to E-mail loads of Internal BOINC files to the developers to try and sort out this major bug I have.

The scheduler thinks all work I have downloaded has failed the second it is downloaded, which in effect makes it pointless me crunching at the moment, as all the WU's are classed as failed on the server even though they are fine.

Hopefully problem solved soon, but at least WCG is benefiting from it
UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:And meanwhile I have had to E-mail loads of Internal BOINC files to the developers to try and sort out this major bug I have.

The scheduler thinks all work I have downloaded has failed the second it is downloaded, which in effect makes it pointless me crunching at the moment, as all the WU's are classed as failed on the server even though they are fine.

Hopefully problem solved soon, but at least WCG is benefiting from it
What operating system, Processor are you using and are you using an optimized Boinc client/Seti application?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Its sorted now, Walt has looked at all the files, the Scheduler XML file had become slightly bust, possibly down to the AMS, all is fine and the XML file now fixed