Too much to handle?

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Too much to handle?

Post by UBT - Mikee »

March 27, 2006 - 23:30 UTC
We're in the middle of another pathological situation where the result/workunit queues have gotten too big over time and we need to quiet our systems to let them drain a bit. We've run out of disk space for the workunit storage while the database is unable to handle the extra load caused by keeping so many result records around. So we won't be sending out any new work until we have the resources to do so.

Err... didn't we just give them $168,000 to get more resources? I know they're after $734,400 but I'm sure that much money can buy an extra hard drive :)
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

No point spendiny any money until they get everything sorted at there end. I think they shout wait for enhanced to come out 14st before the spend any time or money on anything else. If they get that out of the door the traffic won't be as bad.

They may already be buyinh HD's for all you know ready for stage II of SETI as that will need more space.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Well I've got 5 days worth of seti WUs.
if it lasts any longer than that I will be mostly crunching for Einstein and ProteinPredictor
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

March 28, 2006
The download server is sending work again, though we still have some clean-up to do from our issues last week. As well, we plan to have an outage tomorrow (Wednesday) around 18:00 UTC for systems maintenance and another the following day for database maintenance.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image