Into the Top 40 for DIMES

Various OTHER distributed computing projects, such as Folding@home, Dimes, Majestic-12, etc
UBT - Calum Mercer

Into the Top 40 for DIMES

Post by UBT - Calum Mercer »

Well done to the team - we are now into the top 40 on DIMES

:occasion6:  :blob7:
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by gregoryw »

...and we'll be in 39th position in about an hour. Well done all!:blob8:  :blob8:  :blob8:

This is where we need more people to help with DIMES, though, because it'll be lots of hard work to tackle the places from now on.

If you aren't taking part because you're worried about the CPU impact it may have on your BOINC efforts for the team, don't be! DIMES is different, it has virtually no CPU usage; instead in utilises a small amount of your Internet bandwidth (and you can adjust the frequency between measurements if you're worried about that...).
UBT - Calum Mercer

.. and sure enough there we are no 39. :occasion5:  Well done everyone who has joined and come and join the party the rest of you.  :D

But we need more people to help push us up further. I have had no problems since I signed up and my  boincing doesn't seem to have been affected :lovestory:
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by gregoryw »

One more member in the team now. Welcome, GB21882!  :blob5:  :blob5:  :blob5:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Well done all
GB21882

Post by GB21882 »

No, problem Calum, how could I refuse such a kind invitation ..... can't work out what it's up to yet though, so will need to do a bit of reading ....
UBT - Calum Mercer

I couldn't really understand it either but was persuaded against my better judgement - but I do enjoy seeing the team rise up through the rankings. Much better than sitting at the Oval :cry:
UBT - Calum Mercer

I couldn't really understand it either but was persuaded against my better judgement - but I do enjoy seeing the team rise up through the rankings. Much better than sitting at the Oval :cry: