DIMES News

Various OTHER distributed computing projects, such as Folding@home, Dimes, Majestic-12, etc
UBT - Halifax-lad

DIMES News

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

See this thread DIMES staff are back now :wink:

Edit: Forgot to mention there planning a new website look here
Martle

Post by Martle »

a few days ago I was literally on the point of packing this project in but then noticed that my stats had started to kick in. Since then, I've been visiting the forum every day to see if there were any posts by the staff. The one day that I didn't check was when this announcement was made.  :roll:

That's really good news as after a very slow start, I'm now beginning to move up the ranks in our team. If the thought of being stomped by a Welsh person irritates you then you'd better consider returning to the project to prevent this from happening. :twisted:

PS Waddya think? That was an attempt at negative recruitment.  :wink:
UBT - Halifax-lad

You have 3 hosts running which means more DIMES
Martle

Post by Martle »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:You have 3 hosts running which means more DIMES
Yes I do. I set it up that way.  :?:
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

26th place!

Post by gregoryw »

We've just moved up to 26th place in the DIMES stats. Well done everyone!
:wav:
Martle

Re: 26th place!

Post by Martle »

gregoryw wrote:We've just moved up to 26th place in the DIMES stats. Well done everyone!
:wav:
Fantastic News.  :D

One thing puzzles me slightly with my crunching. - Of my three nodes, the one that consistantly turns in the most results by far is the least powerful of my machines - my lappy (AMD 1700) while my AMD 3000 turns in the least. :?:

They've all been set up exactly the same and are left on 24/7.  :roll:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Doesn't matter how powerful a PC is, its all to do with Network Bandwidth
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Joined DIMES

Post by Jeffers »

Seeing as this is now apparently alive and well I decided to do my bit and install DIMES on my machine. That looked to have gone OK, and I gave the UK BOINC team as my group when setting it up.

But now I am getting some strange messages out of my Norton Antivirus, it is coming up saying it has blocked an intrusion attempt, as follows-

Invalid ICMP code
ICMP type: 8
ICMP code: 1 invalid.

The source address for this is my PC's local IP address on my router. It has just started doing it since I installed DIMES. What is it? Do I need to worry about it, and, if not, how do I stop it happening?

Other wise, I'll be uninstalling DIMES pretty sharpish! :shock:
UBT - Halifax-lad

ask over at DIMES as to how to get Norton to behave
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Will do, I'm just getting myself registered there.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Jeffers wrote:Will do, I'm just getting myself registered there.
It will be something really simple like configuring Norton to stop sulking about DIMES every so often
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by gregoryw »

It looks like the DIMES stats are working again now. Well done Martle for passing 100,000!
Martle

Post by Martle »

gregoryw wrote:It looks like the DIMES stats are working again now. Well done Martle for passing 100,000!
Yea they've been out for over a week now but it looks as if they've been sorted now.

100,000  :shock:

Thanx.  :P
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I forgot to mention that after several weeks stuck at number 26 we actually went up a place. Should hit 24 a little quicker then we're stuck! It'll take a lot longer to rise another place unless we get a lot more people in there!

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=dimes
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

I just noticed that UBT - Timbo has joined in on Dimes. Welcome aboard Tim. It seems you joined a few days ago so you must have snuck in while I wasn't looking.

I know I'll regret saying this but Dimes seems to be having its longest trouble-free run that I can remember even with Mike "I must break everything I touch" Jones participating! Our progress up the table has slowed to a crawl and we are threatened by several teams now so we need more members. For those of you unfamiliar with Dimes, it runs alongside Boinc and uses very little CPU time, just a little network bandwidth. So, you can contribute to this project without compromising your Boinc RAC at all.

Your team needs you!

Chris.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Did I hear my name mentioned? Just a  :angel13:  me!

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:I just noticed that UBT - Timbo has joined in on Dimes. Welcome aboard Tim. It seems you joined a few days ago so you must have snuck in while I wasn't looking.....
Yup, I snuck in, unannounced as I wanted to see what all the fuss was about....as well as trying to get UBT a bit further up the tables...

Have to say that I'm impressed with the graphics of the client program - BOINC could take a leaf out of their book with regards to "look and feel" !!

I'm actually only running DIMES when I'm running non-critical stuff on my PC, so, I'm not doing much with it....a bit here and there, sometimes... 8)

regards

Tim
UBT - Chris Suddick

Welcome aboard to Terry Caney.

A wee tip to any newcomers, if you install Dimes as an agent then you can click on Agent/properties/Network and slide the pointer down to 15 to decrease the gap between measurements. This will increase the number of Dimes you record.

I think you can also change it if you have it installed as a service but you have to log on to the web site and sing the right incantations with which I am not familiar.

Hope that helps,

Chris.
Gary

Post by Gary »

This is mossad spying on you  :lol:
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:Welcome aboard to Terry Caney.

A wee tip to any newcomers, if you install Dimes as an agent then you can click on Agent/properties/Network and slide the pointer down to 15 to decrease the gap between measurements. This will increase the number of Dimes you record.

I think you can also change it if you have it installed as a service but you have to log on to the web site and sing the right incantations with which I am not familiar.

Hope that helps,

Chris.

Hi Chriss Thx for the welcome i'm sure i'll sus it but thank you any tips welcome  :D

Terry
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Never heard of this before but after doing a bit of reading it seems worthwhile so I'm on-board too.

Picked up on your tip to Terry Chris, so now I guess I just leave it be and get on with my knitting :roll:

Gary.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Think so Gary thats kinda what ive done  :)

Terry
UBT - Chris Suddick

Twice I've looked at the Dimes stats and twice there's been a new member. Welcome aboard Rockinfroggi. This is getting so exciting I think I'll have to go and have a little lie down. :roll:

Chris.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:Twice I've looked at the Dimes stats and twice there's been a new member. Welcome aboard Rockinfroggi. This is getting so exciting I think I'll have to go and have a little lie down. :roll:

Chris.
LOL, It's been a life time since I last caused anyone any excitement and I'm not sure if I should be honoured, pleased or worried  :? but for now I'll just browse the Dimes forum and see what I can pick up (nothing contagious hopefully). :shock:

Gary.
Timby

Post by Timby »

Well I have had a look and added myself to the list of UBT members!
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Timby wrote:Well I have had a look and added myself to the list of UBT members!

:wav:  :wav:
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Seems I'm having problems with dimes, looked like everything was ok yesterday now I'm just getting a mass of red messages, the main problem seems to say "Warning KeepAlive communication with server failed: dimes.comm2server.ConnectionException: Could not connect. Underlying exception: java.net.UnknownHostException:

Any ideas as to how i broke my new toy?

Ok, update, I seem to have got it going again by refreshing the interface list
:dontknow:

Gary.
Last edited by Rockinfroggi on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Rockinfroggi wrote:Seems I'm having problems with dimes, looked like everything was ok yesterday now I'm just getting a mass of red messages, the main problem seems to say "Warning KeepAlive communication with server failed: dimes.comm2server.ConnectionException: Could not connect. Underlying exception: java.net.UnknownHostException:

Any ideas as to how i broke my new toy?

Gary.
Hi Gary sorry aint got a clue mine doesn't even show on the task bar but when i click the icon on desktop it just says it's already running

Terry
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Terry Caney wrote:
Hi Gary sorry aint got a clue mine doesn't even show on the task bar but when i click the icon on desktop it just says it's already running

Terry
Mine does that after a few days. I've had a look in the 'task manager/processess' and couldn't see a file that looks like the Dimes process. Probably is there but I wasn't going to shut off anything that might be right is case it crashed everything. If you're desperate to see it a reboot gets it back.

Image Image

UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:
Terry Caney wrote:

Terry
Mine does that after a few days. I've had a look in the 'task manager/processess' and couldn't see a file that looks like the Dimes process. Probably is there but I wasn't going to shut off anything that might be right is case it crashed everything. If you're desperate to see it a reboot gets it back.
Thanks but not too worried i know it's working.

Terry
UBT - Chris Suddick

As I recall, it doesn't show on the taskbar if it is installed as a service. If it is installed as an agent then it shows for a while and then hides itself. You can get to it quite easily by clicking on the double left arrow to show hidden icons (or at least I can).

Chris.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just a few more days before I finish with this. Just trying to get to #3 or just over a million!

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats. ... BOINC+TEAM

Image Image

UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Just a few more days before I finish with this. Just trying to get to #3 or just over a million!

I had forgotten all about this since stopping it when they lost so much work months ago, used to take me ages to choose which "www's" to trace and it certainly slowed down the machine it was running on .

So a million is pretty good going, congratulations :lol:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I thought I'd give this a go again and looking at the the team position here it seems I'm the only one doing it!

It's not a BOINC project so you won't get BOINC credits for it. Should run in the background quietly going about it's business. It used to have cool graphics but they seem to have gone by the wayside now.

Download here and if you're new don't forget to join the team wherever you join things. I can't remember how (it's probably earlier on in the thread somewhere!), it automatically rejoined when I reloaded.

Image Image

UBT - Chris Suddick

This used to be my favourite project but it kept going t*ts up so often I gave up on it. I think I might give it another go and see if it has settled down now.

Chris.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just thought I'd bump this as there's only 2 of us doing it!

Image Image

NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Meh I installed it to give it a go (to see how long before I break it)
I take it's just an install and forget about thing (apart from the usual kick these things need)?
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

NaRyan wrote:Meh I installed it to give it a go (to see how long before I break it)
I take it's just an install and forget about thing (apart from the usual kick these things need)?
I ended up uninstalling it the thing never seemed to do anything and like the post above yours says "it keeps going t*ts up.

Terry
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

NaRyan wrote:Meh I installed it to give it a go (to see how long before I break it)
That's about it. Good to see you've got it right first time - you're on the score board!

Just make sure 'delay between measurement' is set to 15 at 'network settings'

Image Image

UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Terry wrote:
I ended up uninstalling it the thing never seemed to do anything and like the post above yours says "it keeps going t*ts up.

Terry
It might have looked like it wasn't doing anything but you got to 48,000 so you must have been doing something right! :D

Image Image

UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Must have been me then lol
Ok reinstalled it and I guess just let it do it's thing

Terry
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Well I did manage to break it once already.
*ahem* Too many butons too push, ended up with it moaning about the graphics display window not working, but a re-install fixed that :)

Only complaint about the prog is the team finding bit, geez took me ages to find UBT (twice).
Well not like I was going to join a buch of weird peeps..... oh wait! ;)

*edit*

Is the program supposed to go nuts after a system reboot?
it sorting through whobunchofnumbers.results.out and has one of the CPU cores at 100%
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Trying it again.
Read in one of the message board  posts that java can be a bit thick with directorys with spaces in it.
So I installed it into one without :)

Also how come my stats aint showing on my sig pic thingy?
Is it because my username has spaces in it or have I got that wrong too?
And who do I inform that I donated some pennies to UBT so I can get ma nice £ symbol ;)

And why am I asking so many questions?
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

NaRyan wrote:
Also how come my stats aint showing on my sig pic thingy?
Is it because my username has spaces in it or have I got that wrong too?
And who do I inform that I donated some pennies to UBT so I can get ma nice £ symbol ;)

And why am I asking so many questions?
Ask away!

1 - You have to add your NetDimes username in the field at the bottom of the projects tab on Darren's site. Spaces shouldn't be a problem as mine has them.

2 - PM Timbo with the details. As far as money is concerned he's usually on the ball. Must be having a lie down somewhere!

BTW - see you're racing up the NetDimes charts! - nice one!

Image Image

NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

1- I have tried adding my user name (UBT - NaRyan) to that but it still shows 0 (or is that just to me, as pipex has a crappy squid inline cache server now and it causes loads of problems!)

2- Done that already, guess when he falls out of bed he will get it done :)

Yeah noticed I was zooming up on Netdimes, just kind of wondering why I'm getting more than everyone else as I only have it on 1 system.
Mind you Agent mode don't have the stupid crashing bug, but meh nothing to look at if you get bored,  :lol:
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

NaRyan wrote:1- I have tried adding my user name (UBT - NaRyan)
To change your username, you need to get it done by one of the Admins.

Regards, Rick.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

New version now available here.

There's also a Firefox extension that allows you to see how long each link on a page takes.

and..

Dimes Graphical Visualizer though I haven't actually got it to do anything yet (Beta).

If you've run this before you'll have to re-register to the team, agent details and properties - not a big deal though. If you're new to the project don't forget to join the team/group - 'UK BOINC TEAM'.

There is a couple of minutes delay as it gets going so don't panic if it looks like nothing is happening.

Stats available here. Currently 27th in the world. Click on the team name to see individual stats - updates sporadically throughout the day.

Image Image

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Right im in .
:D
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

What the heck is going on with Dimes?
Acording to the stats everyone has done way more in 6 hours than they usualy do in a day!

just look at mine!
22,508 in 6 hours when my daily average is 13,534 :?

Even the main stats stuff (ha ha), on the dimes site is showing silly numbers for me.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I've noticed that it does happen occasionally. Not complaining are you? :D

Mickyb69 - you've joined but there's no credits yet. You given up on it all ready!?

Image Image

NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Nah not  a moan from ikkle me ;)
Should help me move up the team rankings a bit quicker  :lol:
Well considering I am getting 4x the normal "points" :P

oh drat it's gone back to normal, oh well nice while it lasted, he he
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

I don't think it worked.
It just stopped when i was doing my account for about ten mins.
I'l try again .
:oops:
I must be doing something wrong .
i get to Updating agents name and it stops .
Any ideas ?
:cry:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Make sure your Java is upto date.
don't install it into a directory with spaces (stoopid java bug that fred flinstone discovered....)

If you have a firewall check it's logs to see if it's blocking it.
If you have a firewall with the name of Symantec in it, I'll get my mum to beat you up with her walking stick of death!

shout, swear, give pc evil looks.
pass wind and blame it on the cat/dog/gerbil
say your going to buy a real computer, buy a mac, then upgrade it to a 99p calculator
None of that will work but meh what do I know ;)
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

oooh you got it working then :D
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Now there's 2 Mickyb's!

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

What have we done to deserve that?!! :wink:  :lol:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

oops
:oops:
Think i got it now .....Just load java 6 times then bingo
:lol:
How do i get the stats on my sig ? :oops:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Great! Got so many people doing this I've been relegated to being a pink wedge! Would someone else like to join so I can get rid of it!?

Image Image

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

PMSL @ pink boy
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

<snigger!>
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Glad i got a nice green colour  :lol:
Put everything on it and its doing its thing ....might tail NaRyan for a bit ..
Anyone fancy racing to top 100 ? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

He he Mr Pink ;)
Well I'll get to #100 in 245 days lol, but I'll get to #1 in 7,122.5 days, WOOT!
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Mind you reds a bit of a girls colour  :shock:
Only 645.1 days for me ......I expect it to go down soon ..Only been doing it 6 days  :P  :P  :P
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Mind you Green suit you.
Out on the pastures where the old peeps belong :P
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

PMSL ....congrats on the 1/2 million m8
I aint that much older than you ffs Image
Shame more team m8's don't join in  :wink:
5 of us doing it and we should hit  2 million a month ..........

Don't know about anyone else ...but this project keeps my 2 wireless comps
online .... I had loads of probs with one of them shutting down (dell) when i had a look at it on tight vnc .  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Tiss running 24/7 since  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

lol I nearly fell off my seat when I see this
Milestones Yesterday
ANCHULA-MARK passes 10,000
ANCHULA-MARK passes 20,000
ANCHULA-MARK passes 50,000
ANCHULA-MARK passes 75,000
ANCHULA-MARK passes 100,000
ANCHULA-MARK passes 250,000
lol was wondering how many he had it installed on :P
But I guess he just joined with a high number, lol ;)

And poor Mikeejones, he's a pinko on both all users & active users now :P

And I kind of noticed that Tight VNC and Dimes don't seems to play nice at times, well on my 2 single core systems it's a bit of a muppet...

And yeah you lazy lot get it installed!
It hardly usues any bandwith (you probably waste more clicking on wrong web links or wrong favourite bookmarks in a day :P)

Are we #1 UK team on this?
Grinning Grunny

Post by Grinning Grunny »

OK, so we are at the end of a very long line, which is old, breaks at least once a year and we manage download 469 and upload 242. How much are we going to notice dimes using the connection, particularly with 2 computers on line?
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Probably not notice it at all.
I have it running on a few systems, granted I have a good quality line.
However all Dimes does is use ICMP Ping & Traceroute.

And I have noticed when you connection is idle Dimes gets a higher score, but if you are using the Net or even copying stuff over a Lan Dimes gets a lower score..

I see about 7Mb to 9Mb per hour usage, when my internet connection is idle (combined upload/download) and that includes 4 computers reporting back\downloading Boinc stuff.
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

I have 6 comps running on my 1 line and its made no noticeable difference to
my connection or browsing . Image

:lol:  :shock: OMG congrats goes to ANCHULA-MARK for passing 250000 in one day pmsl  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Yes it looks like we are uk number 1  8)
Last edited by UBT - mickyb69 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

This is what I get speedtest wise with Dimes running.

Not mucking things up there is it ;)
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dimes running on all 6 comps ......
Not bad for the other side of the world .
ISP ...Orange 8meg
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

:lol: New zealand, my speed test to there is slower than yours.
However don't think I have ever downloaded stuff from New Zealand :P

heh try the one in Bangkok, *snore* ;)
Grinning Grunny

Post by Grinning Grunny »

OK so I've tried downloading. I am using firefox, click the link in the 1st posting, finding homepage, select download, hit MacOSX. The tab goes white with gobbldegook streaming on it then I cannot get firefox to do anything, the router lights flash to show it's trying but nothing happens. After about 5 mins I can only force quit to get out of it. Any suggestions/advice?
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Buy a P.C :lol:

I had a look around and but haven't found a thing .
Ben

Post by Ben »

I think i understand what you are on about. What i do is to goto the link you want and then right click and select 'Save Link As..' and that should work, i think.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Still bloody pink though!Image

Image Image

UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

UBT - mickyb69 wrote: :lol:  :shock: OMG congrats goes to ANCHULA-MARK for passing 250000 in one day pmsl  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Sadly not I just swopped - for & in the name and the stats reset as if I had just joined
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

But you still made made a sleepy me go "EH!!!! WHAT THE!!!!!!?????"

Not to worry Mikee i'll have a Pink wedge (cooer!) in 16 days too.
But only for 0.9 of a day ;)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Give a big welcome to hgblade, to whom I gratefully pass the pink wedge!Image

Image Image

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Ha Ha Ha another pink boy  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Please someone put me out of my misery and help me get a nice dimes sig
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

I like my dimes Sig.
Only cause I can change the text on it :P

Hey Micky how's this for the New Zealand test ;)
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Where did you get it  :evil:
I want 1 ...tiss  not fair ImageImageImage
Glad i don't live there  :lol:

How the hell did i get a lattice UOTD ....?????
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

To get the sig you have to join the Free-DC forum (boo!)
Then go back to a stats page, click on Stats tool config, and there ya go  :)

Mind you after you set it up, you might wanna log out of the forum as it kept on displaying the stats weird for me.
Everything was at 10% :? ...

Oh and welcome back to the pink wedge Mikee ;)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

NaRyan wrote: Oh and welcome back to the pink wedge Mikee ;)
Thanks... Image

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Just downloaded this and up and running! I need some help though, such as how do I see what's happening? I've found my stats by going through the team stats, but I want to see how many 'points' I'm accruing (as in BOINC Manager) I can't find any link to my 'Dimes page' :shock:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Goto http://www.netdimes.org/new/?q=node/5 and enter yer name in the box...

Or this one http://www.netdimes.org/new/data.php?userName=melter65
Me tinks that you ;)

It's a bit poo (understatement of the year!), however the Team stats page is just as good (or better!!!, as long as your not a pinko ;)), click on your username and it shows what your getting for each poota it's installed on.
It's updated every hour.

*Me hides from Mikee....
Last edited by NaRyan on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

I look at what ive done on our dimes stats page
Then click on my name ... Probs a better way but no ones told me yet  :lol:  :wink:
Edit (after 1 min )...See told ya  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
But after looking at it ..the team stat ones nicer with pictures  :lol:  :lol:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Yeah and we can play avoid the Pink Wedge too :lol:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Still glad im not Pink boy  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Thanks to you both, I can now look at the stats. But is there a page for each user to watch their own 'crunching'? How do I know that DIMES is working on my 'pootah? :?
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

melter65 wrote:Thanks to you both, I can now look at the stats. But is there a page for each user to watch their own 'crunching'? How do I know that DIMES is working on my 'pootah? :?
Hi! Would you like this colour? You can have it!

You're now listed on the Dimes site.
Nothing has come through yet but when it does 'click' on your name and you'll see your own output. I think someone has all ready posted this link but here it is just in case.

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

A real n00b question I know, but how do I stop and start DIMES on my 'pootah? How do I know DIMES is running, without refering to the stats pages? :D
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

He's still showing as 0 on the Dimes site too.
Err you do have the prog running? :lol:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

When i can't be bothered to look in the stats i press the green thing (looks like a monster frogs hand with claws ) And a message comes up something like .
"dimes already running " or something like that .
But your deffo in and might have to wait a few hours to get your stats
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/userstats. ... e=melter65 :wink:
And don't do anything silly like me and try again with a slightly different name e.g (UBT _ mickyb69 )  :oops:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

melter65 wrote:A real n00b question I know, but how do I stop and start DIMES on my 'pootah? How do I know DIMES is running, without refering to the stats pages? :D
Dunno what OS you use.
however on Windows if you run the agent version, there is a icon in the systray, if you are running the service version you need to check running services.

Either by going to start,run and typing services.msc or start, admin tools, services and look for Dimes.

you can also check taskmanager and look for either java.exe or javaw.exe and wrapper.exe.

But on ther non Windows OS's I have not got a scooby doo.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

NaRyan wrote:He's still showing as 0 on the Dimes site too.
Err you do have the prog running? :lol:
Sorted! My firewall had blocked the Java upgrade, so as soon as I let it through the DIMES agent finished loading and I got my first 'packet'! :lol:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Cool :)
Stupid firewalls!!! :lol:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

UBT - mickyb69 wrote:looks like a monster frogs hand with claws
It looks frighteningly like a cactus my Daughter owns, called 'Squishy' (don't ask!) :shock:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - mickyb69 wrote:When i can't be bothered to look in the stats i press the green thing (looks like a monster frogs hand with claws )
It's supposed to be a cactus - though a monster, one armed frog does sounds better!Image

Image Image

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Right i got me dc stat spam thing but as you can see its no good ...what have i done now ??? :oops: