Grid Computing / mining Monero

The section for those minor projects that are around, such as CAS@home, Yafu, Yoyo@home and also including those that are "non-intensive", such as GoofyxGrid, WUProp, which can both be run in the background.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Grid Computing / mining Monero

Post by UBT - Timbo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi all

Just seen this in my Notices page:
Grid computing center: XMR test app
As BU are no any more exists, we have prepared something special for some of you...

Now, you can mine XMR (Monero coins) using ATI cards on our pool, where one percent of mined coins will be sent for servers and infrastructure - rest of it is yours...

What we plan in furure? (sic)
1. More coins.
2. More platforms (Linux, CUDA support).

2. Mining for other BOINC projects - if any admin is interested in supporting it's project - just sent PM to me or Goofyx with project wallet address (we will confirm it on his project forum) then we will release app with HIS wallet address and the mined coins will be sent automatically send to his wallet.

Do you have any question? just send question here and we will answer asap (just keep in mind, that it is not easy to do everything as same time).

To mine for your wallet just add your XMR wallet address in your project preferences and enable test apps.

Our Foundation pool address:
Our XMR pool
Hopefully some CUDA support will come soon ;-)

regards
Tim

Woodles
Active UBT Contributor 20+ yrs

Re: Grid Computing / mining Monero

Post by Woodles » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:51 pm

UBT - Timbo wrote:snip

Hopefully some CUDA support will come soon ;-)

regards
Tim
Hopefully some ASIC support will come soon - figures for one original RBox - https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/ca ... erkWh=0.50

"This time next week Rodney, we'll be millionaires"! :D

Regards,

Mark

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 pm

HI Mark

If the normal rule$ of $upply and demand occur, one a$$ume$ that a$ $oon a$ a lot of people take up mining XMR, then the currency exchange rate will drop, making it pointle$$ to mine it.

OTOH, if people can get in quick and mine a lot and then ca$h in before the rate drops, then that would be very rewarding. ;-)

regard$
Tim

Woodles
Active UBT Contributor 20+ yrs

Post by Woodles » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi Tim,

Sadly it seems to be limited to GPUs at the moment, total capacity mining Monero coins is estimated at 82MH/s whereas even a single USB ASIC can easily do ten times that.

Mark