Primegrid down?

Good at maths? Then why not figure on helping these projects - Gerasim, GPUGrid, Moo! Wrapper, NFS, NumberFields, ODLK, PrimeGrid, Rakesearch, SRBase
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Primegrid down?

Post by Jeffers »

I noticed that my credits had fallen considerably recently and, on investigating, it seems like there's an issue with Primegrid. I've had a number of WUs reporting computation errors and the project is in "communication deferred" status. I tried going to their website with no success.

Anybody else seeing problems?
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Driver issue

Post by Jeffers »

Finally managed to get onto the Primegrid site and it seems that they have an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers.
I'm reluctant to roll back the drivers as I'm not having problems with anything else, and Primegrid have suggested a work-around related to power saving settings. I'll probably go down that route as I normally switch off the monitor anyway if the PC's running unattended.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

I`ve run a few PG GPU WUs within the last week, with no problems.
david

Post by david »

Not having any problems here and running the latest Nvidia drivers on one M/C 295.20 that is on a Fedora15 Linux box in fact if anything it is a little faster so it may only be a Windows problem

David
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Finally managed to get onto the Primegrid site and it seems that they have an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers.
Its popping up everywhere - not only inside BOINC, there is a big problem with the latest driver set, and most Projects are saying the same thing, roll back one until its fixed, if individuals have issues. No idea what the actual problem is, don't run NVidia so havent really focused on it.

There sure is a problem though. If it works don't fix it as they say :)  But otherwise, I'd be rolling back one with such a collective noise building up about it.

Regards
Zy
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

I`m running Vista with the latest NVIDIA drivers,(275.33) and mainly crunching DistrRTgen and a little PG when DistrRTgen runs out of work.
No problems with either project.