PrimeGrid Requesting Assistance

Good at maths? Then why not figure on helping these projects - Gerasim, GPUGrid, Moo! Wrapper, NFS, NumberFields, ODLK, PrimeGrid, Rakesearch, SRBase
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Not received yet - did you take out those caps and underscores? Maybe sitting in your intray as a bounced mail.

EDIT: Apologies - my error it was in the spam tray as it was the first from you on that addy. Back soon once I've digested it

Regards
Zy
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

"You have mail"  :)

(Personal email box)
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

oh gruntfutucks ....  :)

Mikee - sorry - its master_prpclient.ini   not  master_client.ini as I mentioned in the mail text ....

Hopefully you picked that up anyway .....

Regards
Zy
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Give the man a medal! Image

Not sure what was wrong but it's all good now!

Thanks Zydor!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Good News - Happy Crunching :)

Regards
Zy
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

I've got two cores on this now, let's see what happens......
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Keep an eye open for the missing welcome message saga - becomes automatic in the end to watch for it, but increasingly important as the WU times will increase (ending up 24-48hrs long by the time its all done).

Then its an even bigger pain to fall over at the server after 24-36 hrs rofl :)

Regards
Zy
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

My second PC went down this morning, and its being a pain to put back together.  Finally managed to get it up and running on 32 bit - long story - be another hour or so, then in full flow again.  Sorry for non submission today from this beast .... its life :)

Regards
Zy
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Anyone with a core or a dozen (!) going spare, PG would certainly well appreciate your help.  The run ends (as such) on 5 May, so it will not interfere with Pentathlon.  Continuous involvement is not a pre-req anyway, short bouts of help are also very welcome, quite a few people are doing that.

The WUs increase in length over time - currently they are around 8hrs or so for Phenom 2s and around 13 hrs for a 2Ghz Dual Core laptop to give some yard sticks.

Latest update is at: PG Update - 5oB Project

Regards
Zy