PrimeGrid

Good at maths? Then why not figure on helping these projects - Gerasim, GPUGrid, Moo! Wrapper, NFS, NumberFields, ODLK, PrimeGrid, Rakesearch, SRBase
Temujin

PrimeGrid

Post by Temujin »

This is a bit late but....

Anybody with an NVidia graphics card would do well to consider running the PPS Primegrid subproject on their GPU.

This is currently the best paying project available.
A modest 8800gt could expect to get 90-100k credits a day.
My GTX295 gets an impressive 300k per day :shock:

Anyone lucky enough to have a fermi based GPU could even expect upto 500k/day :D

And, if that wasn't enough incentive, there's a team challenge between 18 December 18:00 UTC and 21 December 23:38 UTC, so the more GPUs we have the better :thumbup:

What are you waiting for, get in there while the going's good :roll:
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

It's certainly earning me lots recently....

Since I took it on (on your advice!) my credits have shot up remarkably, I've done getting on for a million just on Primegrid in less than a month! :lol:
fellie
UBT Contributor

Post by fellie »

Very clear where I joined Primegrid and told it to run cuda only :shock:
You need more of an incentive ??  :D
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

All I've got left is a little 8400GS in Mrs. Mikee's PC. This hasn't been doing anything so it's having a go. So far 50% after 6 hours!

As a little nore encouragement TSBT are outproducing us and are due to overtake in 2 weeks!

http://www.ubtstats.co.uk/ubt/teams2.ph ... =PrimeGrid

BTW new version has changed from 1.35 to 1.37
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Had 4 1.36's ..had to kill them after the first 1 ran for 3 hrs on 0%  :cry:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

In PrimeGrid, TSBT are outproducing us at a rate of 150,000/hour and will overtake us in less than 2 weeks. Also they are now outproducing us in 'combined projects' total. This is also due to the huge credits given by PrimeGrids Proth Prime Search (Sieve) CUDA sub project, though this is less of a problem as we are so far ahead of them in combined score.

If you've got a NVidia graphics card this is a great project for you to do. Even it's it's a lower spec than you would normally consider able to do these. I'm got a 8400GS running, though it takes 12 hours, it all helps! (If you are using a slower GPU make sure your preferences are set to 'advanced' > 'preferences' > processor usage tab > uncheck/untick "Use GPU while computer is in use" then 'OK'. Then go to 'Activity' and select 'Use GPU based on preferences' otherwise you will suffer from screen lag.)

Some ATI graphics cards are slower and are producing a little less than DNETC@Home (My HD5670 produces less by around 700/hour) so you have to consider whether to help out at PrimeGrid for slightly lower credits or overall total score.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image