A date for YOU

Good at maths? Then why not figure on helping these projects - Gerasim, GPUGrid, Moo! Wrapper, NFS, NumberFields, ODLK, PrimeGrid, Rakesearch, SRBase
Ben

Post by Ben »

melter65 wrote:
megacruncher wrote:
it's just not worth our effort - we'd just be delaying the inevitable.
That's no excuse: Isn't all life a matter of delaying the inevitable?
Megacruncher is showing us that good old Scottish World Cup spirit! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
LOL!

But.. We're not much better  :? Sodding kindergarten kids could do better sometimes!
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

megacruncher wrote:
it's just not worth our effort - we'd just be delaying the inevitable.
That's no excuse: Isn't all life a matter of delaying the inevitable?
Some things are more inevitable than other though  :P
megacruncher
The Scottish BOINC Team member

Post by megacruncher »

We try, some of us succeed, most fail, either way we die & soon get forgotten about.

Get used to it. :D

As for the world cup; Scots let their stoical fatalist guard down ,just the once in 1978 with Ally MacLeod and "We"ll really shake them up when we win the world cup!" Before and since the Tartan Army's favourite ditty was & has  been the, slightly edited Doris Day classic "Que Sera Sera": A useful corrective to unfounded optimism if ever there was one!

Anyhoo if you are really a United Kingdom team, discussions about the uselessness, Soccerwise, of one of your component Kingdoms might not be a successful unifying tactic, even if counter balanced by reference to the poverty of outcomes, despite lots of good players, of another of the components.

Any offended Scottish members of UBT know where they will be welcome!  :lol:  :wink:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

megacruncher wrote: Any offended Scottish members of UBT know where they will be welcome!  :lol:  :wink:
:D We try not to offend anyone! :oops:
All are welcome to join us - be it English, Irish, Scottish any other country in the world including WALES!

Looks like TSBT will overtake today. Be nice everyone - give a cheery wave as they sail past - though they're going so fast they might not see us! :D  :D
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

All are welcome to join us - be it English, Irish, Scottish any other country in the world including WALES!
:shock: My wifes a taff ffs  :wink:
rheola1

Post by rheola1 »

UBT - mickyb69 wrote:
:shock: My wifes a taff ffs  :wink:

I find the term Taff or Taffy  very Offensive  :shock:   :shock:

In future please refer  to any welsh person as.....

Post edited by moderator for unacceptable content. (UBT - Rick Horn)
Ben

Post by Ben »

Not sure how well this will go down with the forum rules  :lol:  :roll:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:shock: My wife was born in the taff valley so there you go, Me !! I was born near the river Anker so you could call me a wa^%er  :lol:
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

UBT - mickyb69 wrote::shock: My wife was born in the taff valley so there you go, Me !! I was born near the river Anker so you could call me a wa^%er  :lol:
I take it that it was West Anker then?  :oops:
Ben

Post by Ben »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:
UBT - mickyb69 wrote::shock: My wife was born in the taff valley so there you go, Me !! I was born near the river Anker so you could call me a wa^%er  :lol:
I take it that it was West Anker then?  :oops:

A forgiving police man  :lol: