5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST

A range of Biological/Medical Science projects that need our help, such as: Rosetta, Ralph
SEARCHER
SETI.Germany member

5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST

Post by SEARCHER »

:)  Hello all Teammembers of UK BOINC TEAM,

:)  Hello all Friends of Team UK BOINC TEAM,

As since the Year 2009 , we want to build the CHARITY TEAM again !
I write to tell you that this year`s CHARITY CONTEST will crunch for FightMalaria@Home .
The CHARITY CONTEST is a Joint Venture between Team L´Alliance Francophone and Team SETI.Germany , but the CHARITY TEAM , who will be founded a few days before the Contest Starts, by the Admins of L`AF and SG , runs on its own, so the credits archieved will only go to the CHARITY TEAM ACCOUNT .
We invite you to Crunch with us for 2 weeks together as the Temporary CHARITY TEAM !

The 5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST is from :

SO 20/01/2013 at 00.01 h - SA 02/02/2013 at 23.59 h MEZ TIME

SA 19/01/2013 at 23.01 h - SA 02/02/2013 at 22.59 h UTC TIME

To see what that means to your Timezone, look at : http://www.zeitzonen.de/

The Forum of CHARITY TEAM you found here : http://forum.charity.boinc-af.org/

:oops:   Sorry I forget, the Forum was of a Server from Team AF , so the Register is in French . This help you for English : http://forum.charity.boinc-af.org/index.php?topic=138.0

:wink:   To Join in the CHARITY TEAM : http://boinc.ucd.ie/fmah/team_display.php?teamid=229

The Idea behind the CHARITY CONTEST is just to bring BOINC Users as much as possible together, to crunch for a Medical/Biological Projekt as a Temporary Team.

8)   Greetings to all SEARCHER
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi SEARCHER

This looks like a great idea....I've joined up.....just have to hope that FightMalaria@home has enough WU's available.

If any other UBT members want to join in, just go to the Add project menu, find the FightMalaria project in BOINC Manager, then once you have an account, join the "Charity Team" team (by searching on "charity" when you look for a team) on their website.

Then just set BOINC Manager to "No new tasks" until around (say Friday 18th Jan, suspend any other WU's you're doing (assuming you've not finished them already) and then crunch until 2nd Feb....

Easy-peasy.

regards
Tim
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Joined  :wink:
Timby

Post by Timby »

Looks like it could be amusing for a couple of weeks, seem to have had 400 WU jump onto my PC though?
SEARCHER
SETI.Germany member

REMEMBER

Post by SEARCHER »

:wink:  To Join in the CHARITY TEAM : http://boinc.ucd.ie/fmah/team_display.php?teamid=229

8)  Greetings to all SEARCHER
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Timby wrote:Looks like it could be amusing for a couple of weeks, seem to have had 400 WU jump onto my PC though?
Hi Mark,

It could be your "preferences" have been set to download a bigger "work buffer", so maybe check that and reduce the buffer if needs be.

Or it could be that the estimated processing time for each WU (for your PC) is actually quite short and hence loads of WU's have been downloaded.

If the latter, then just set this project to "No new tasks" and it'll just crunch what you've got and not download any more (until you change it again, of course).

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Founder wrote:
Timby wrote:Looks like it could be amusing for a couple of weeks, seem to have had 400 WU jump onto my PC though?
Hi Mark,

It could be your "preferences" have been set to download a bigger "work buffer", so maybe check that and reduce the buffer if needs be.

Or it could be that the estimated processing time for each WU (for your PC) is actually quite short and hence loads of WU's have been downloaded.

If the latter, then just set this project to "No new tasks" and it'll just crunch what you've got and not download any more (until you change it again, of course).

regards
Tim
Probably the latter, the WUs average about 5 minutes each on my i7, 400 Wus is less than five hours work!
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Timby

Post by Timby »

Sorry chaps, been working away and left the better half in charge of the PC's.
Looks like as Woodles has pointed out, the WU are rather short most of the time.
SEARCHER
SETI.Germany member

UPDATE

Post by SEARCHER »

:D  Hello all Teammates and Friends from CHARITY TEAM ,

the Time is running out and in a few hours we start our 5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST .

:wink:  I hope you and your equipment are ready when it starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1D9mCRWwQk

See you soon.

8)    Greetings SEARCHER
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Any more takers for this little Crunch ??

Just add FightMalaria@Home to your projects in BOINC Manager, then join the "Charity Team"......

It's all in a good cause ;-)

regards
Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Just had some issues with FightMalaria@Home, as there doesn't seem to be many WU's available and when they are they are limited in numbers.

I've had error messages such as these:

23/01/2013 11:31:29 | fightmalaria@home | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
23/01/2013 11:31:29 | fightmalaria@home | Project has no tasks available

So, it might be an idea to have a backup project running too, so that the BOINC scheduler can maximise your CPU time - I've had my 2 PC's sitting idle (for a few hours each day) since FM had no WU available :-(

regards
Tim
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Hi Tim.
I am also running this project, but am not having any problems so far. However, WCG had a server issue yesterday, and put the servers offline for around 20 hours, starting at 3.00 am. UTC.

Everything seems fine for me this morning, with WUs downloading as usual, so maybe your problems will soon resolve themselves.

Regards,
Rick.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:Hi Tim.
I am also running this project, but am not having any problems so far. However, WCG had a server issue yesterday, and put the servers offline for around 20 hours, starting at 3.00 am. UTC.

Everything seems fine for me this morning, with WUs downloading as usual, so maybe your problems will soon resolve themselves.

Regards,
Rick.
Hi Rick

Yup - I've been running WCG as a backup to FightMalaria@Home and indeed yesterday was it pretty hopeless as FM had no WU's and I couldn't upload any completed WCG WU's... :-(

I'd been running low of WCG's WU's and was hoping to grab a pile of FM@H WU's to replace them.....so, in the end I've bitten the bullet and I've now got a load more WCG's..... which won't help the "Charity" team effort.

Ah well.....I'm only a small fry in a huge ocean.... ;-)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

We're half-way through this Charity Crunch and I'd just like to thank the following members for joining up:

UBT-Timby (currently 41st) (who is our Crunch Leader for this event)
UBT - PiezPiedPy (55th)
UBT - mickyb69 (60th)
stuey77 (71st)
Joshrandom (106th)
UBT - Timbo (114th)
UBT - Mikeejones (134th)

Stats are here: http://statseb.boinc-af.org/charity/ind ... 013&page=1

and this goes to show the effect of the Charity Team on Fightmalaria@home's credits per day:

regards
Tim

PS If I've left you off the list, then let me know your BOINC username and I'll correct the above ;-)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Graph looks cool. See the team is about to get to number 1 in the world as well! http://boincstats.com/en/stats/136/team/list/
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

SEARCHER
SETI.Germany member

GOOD BYE

Post by SEARCHER »

:D  Hello Folks,

the 5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2013 by Project FightMalaria@Home is finished now. So I think it`s Time now to say THANK YOU ALL for this great Event.

Thank you for the Administrator`s from Team L`Alliance Francophone and Team SETI.Germany who created this CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2013.
Thank you for all Helping Hand`s who make Statistics, very nice Logos and many many more.
Thank you for all Participant`s  who Crunch the last 2 Weeks by the 5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2013 with us.
And a big Thank you for the Administrator`s by Project FightMalaria@Home.

But by all Happiness, about over 14 Million Credits, the 1. Place by the Team Statistics by FightMalaria@Home, all Overtakes from another Teams and many many individual Statistics, I think we not forget the biggest Thing by this 5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2013. In the last 2 Weeks so  many Members, from many Teams and many Countrys, Crunch and Fight`s in only ONE TEAM. And we found the last 2 Weeks many new Friends, so I say this was biggest Thing in the last 2. Weeks. And this was THE GREAT MESSAGE for the next CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2014.

:(  And now I was very sad to say you : in German all Auf Wiedersehen, this mean in your Language :

Arabisch : ma'as-salama
Armenisch : tstesoutyoun
Aserbaidschanisch : sag olun
Baskisch :  agur
Weißrussisch : Да пабачэння (da pabačennia)
Bengalisch : biday
Bosnisch : do viđenja (formal) / ćao (informal)
Bulgarisch :  довиждане (dovijdáne [formal] )
Burmesisch : thwa me knor
Katalanisch adéu / a reveure
Chinesisch : zài jiàn
Korsisch : salutu
Kroatisch : do vidjenja (formal) / ćao (informal)
Tschechisch : na shledanou
Dänisch : farvel (formal) / hej hej (informal)
Niederländisch : tot ziens
Esperanto : gxis revido ,  øis revido  
Estnisch : head aega
Finnisch : näkemiin
Flämisch : tot ziens
Französisch : au revoir
Friesisch : oant sjen
English : Good Bye
Griechisch : antio / geia sas
Haitianisch orévwa / babay
Hebräisch : lehitraot
Hindi : alvida / phir milengay
Ungarisch : viszontlátásra
Isländisch : bless
Indonesisch : selamat tinggal / sampai ketemu lagi
Irisch : slán
Italienisch : arrivederci
Japanisch : sayônara
Koreanisch : ahn nyung hee ke se yo
Kurdisch : bi xatre te
Laotisch sok di / phôp khan mai
Latein : vale
Lettisch :  uz redzēšanos
Litauisch : sudie
Luxemburgisch : äddi
Mazedonisch : dogledanje
Maltesisch : saħħa / ċaw
Maori (Neuseeland) : ka kite anoo
Mongolisch : bayartai (Баяртай)
Norwegisch : ha det
Persisch : khodâfez / be salâmat / kheyr pish
Polnisch : do widzenia
Portugiesisch : adeus / até à próxima
Rumänisch : la revedere
Russisch До свидания (do svidaniya)
Samoanisch : tofa
Sardinisch : adiosu (sarde)
Schottisch : beannachd leat
Serbisch : do vidjenja (formal) / ćao (informal)
Slowakisch : do videnia
Slowenisch : z bogom / nasvidenje
Spanisch : adiós / hasta la vista
Suaheli : kwa heri
Schwedisch : hej då
Tagalog : paalam na po
Tahitianisch :  parahi / nana
Thai / thailändisch สวัสดีคะ (sawatdii kha) Female
สวัสดครับี (sawatdii khrap) Male
Türkisch : hosça kalin
Udmurtisch : dzéch lu
Ukrainisch : do pobachennya
Vietnamesisch : xin chào tạm biệt
Walisisch : hwyl
Zulu : sala kahle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl9WMIPzd6w

We hope, we see you and your Team very soon again aendgraend, modesti, ousermaatre, SEARCHER

8)  Greetings SEARCHER
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Was fun  8)