Rosetta servers down?

A range of Biological/Medical Science projects that need our help, such as: Rosetta, Ralph
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Rotwang1985 wrote:I'm still struggling Rick, WU's ready to report but retrying in 10hrs ... grrr
At least things are improving slowly. I`m sure they will sort things out soon, we hope!  :roll:
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

Still not working for me either.....
Rotwang1985

Post by Rotwang1985 »

from the Rosetta Homepge:
Jan 7, 2010
Well, our luck ran out. The SAN controller that has been causing so much trouble in the last few months finally tipped over in a rather distructive fashion, corrupting the binary tree on which the filesystem is based. We're trying to rebuild the thing but the sheer number of files in the filesystem (> 10M files) makes this process very, very slow. We're bringing the project up from a recent backup (12/09/10) but the backup wasn't a perfect replica of the environment, so we're having to scramble to get all the parts working together again. We only need a few more weeks and then our new, next generation SAN will be ready to be put into place... I just thought the old one would last a few more week. I apologize for the hassle and appreciate your patience as we get things online again... KEL 01/07/11
http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/
UBT - Rick Horn

Just started running Rosetta after a break of nearly 5 years.
Compared to Rosetta, WCG is positively bountiful.  :roll:

Edit: Aborted the rest of them.
matt40k

Post by matt40k »

Still got a nice back log of files to be uploaded, not uploading, no new data either, not good :(

EDIT:
http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum ... 5028#62879

Result = me gutted.
UBT - Rick Horn

I had 3 WUs stuck as "uploading" for at least 4 days. I was tempted to delete them, but didn`t.
This morning, they uploaded themselves, so don`t be too disheartened, all may well be OK.
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

They seem to be getting there, if rather slowly!
The completed WUs I had waiting have gone, but I've not had any new work from them.....
matt40k

Post by matt40k »

Seems to have uploaded the backlog, new work coming down.