The POEM-Athon Challenge!!

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Woodles wrote:You've already got all I've got ... even nicked the girlfriends laptop while she's not looking!  :D
He He!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You can have one of my old avatars!

UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

I'll give it a couple more days then
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Thanks Mark! :D

Here's a graph taken from the stats about 23.50hrs. It shows how we are gaining on Crunchers Inc, little by little! 8)

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

We have 4days, 4hrs and 40mins left of the POEM-Athon left, as I write this post. The overtake stats in the last 4hr column are showing 3days and 17hrs!!! Come On! We can do this!! :D

!!POEM-Athon '08....UK BOINC Team!!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Out of sheer closeness which this is going to be.. I have finally decided to hit POEM also. Sorry for the late contribution chaps but i'm gonna give it all during these last 4 days. 4 more cores at the ready!

I want to see us get that extra place up! If not, there are going to be a few screws loose in some bar stools next time!  :lol:  :wink:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Very much appreciated, Ben! :D
UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

Only had one core not crunching POEM and that was the one I was using to try out Virtual Prairie.

Unfortunately VP is something of a non-starter at the moment so that core has also been turned over to POEM.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Thanks for the additional core(s), our average per hour for the last four hours has doubled what it's been the rest of the time, just think where we could have ended up if we'd been at this rate all the time!

Three days and sixteen hours left, three days and fourteen hours to catch them, it's beginning to look like we might actually make it!  :)

(Sorry in advance if that jinxs anything!)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

4hr stats showing 2days and 23hrs to overtake Crunchers Inc, with 3days and 5hrs left of the POEM-Athon! :D

Thanks for going 'all out' on POEM, Nogbo! 8)

It's going to be a close one, but I'm sure we'll make it! :D

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:oops: Soz ..was offline for a day and half  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: So heres 1600
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Overtake time is sticking around 3 days, not going to get there without more firepower :(
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

We're still slighty behind on the 4hr overtake stats, but if you look at the overtake stats for 24hr and 72hr overtake times are roughly the same. I believe that we are stabilising our output over a 72hr period and with a last push we can overtake Crunchers Inc! :D

Yesterday was our highest credit day over the whole POEM-Athon! Here's a pretty graph to prove it! :D

And here's another one to show how close we are to Crunchers Inc! :D

vaio

Post by vaio »

Man, those Crunchers Inc folk are slackers  :lol:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

Unfortunately they're not slack enough, vaio! :lol:

Thanks for the effort people, but unless we can find 56,000 credit sometime in the next 1day and 10hrs then we won't catch Crunchers Inc :(

I'm on nights for the next two days, so I might not get the chance to be here at the end of the POEM-Athon, so can I just take this opportunity to Thank everyone who has taken part and crunched for the Team, however large or small, everybody's contribution has gone towards an admirable final total! Cheers!  :occasion5:

UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

With less than 12 hours to go now it is going to take an act of God or stroke of genius for us to catch Crunchers Inc now.  :(

We should still finish in a respectable 15th place though.  :D

This is the first challenge I have taken part in and it has been good, looking forward to the next one now.

Many thanks to Melter for being an ace cheerleader.
vaio

Post by vaio »

I have a lil something I want to try elsewhere for a week but afterwards I'll be stopping by your team a while if that's ok?

Later  :D

Couldn't catch Crunchers Inc eh  :P
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

For the last time! Today's Stats are HERE

We couldn't quite catch Crunchers Inc, but we were only 1day and 3hrs short at the end! :D

Glad you enjoyed the crunch, Nogbo, they brighten up what can be a somewhat tedious hobby sometimes, and give the individual projects a healthy boost! :D

I think I'll apply for the POEM cheerleader job, I like a challenge! :wink: