The POEM-Athon Challenge!!

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

The POEM-Athon Challenge!!

Post by melter65 »

Welcome to the Official POEM-Athon Challenge Thread!

Starting on the 1st June and finishing on the 30th June!

This is a Team Challenge, with some of the best Teams in the world taking part.

yoyo's link

Stats link (test)

An important item from the POEM website, concerning the POEM-Athon;
May 5, 2008 - CASP8 starting

CASP8 is approaching and POEM@HOME is participating. The first targets are expected to be released tomorrow. Once the first CASP related workunits are out, the normal workunit count will be decreased to put more importance to the CASP related ones.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I'm off on holiday tomorrow, so no crunching for a week! :(

I'll be back on the 'puter some time on the 1st June, the opening day of the POEM-Athon. I've cleared my 'Tasks' and will be crunching 'nowt but POEM from then! :D

I'll try and keep you up to date with stats and positions during the month and hope that you'll join me in trying to put UBT up there with the leaders! 8)
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

Post by Sir Cracked of the Mind »

As POEM is one of my projects, I will be joining you for this one, better start running down my other projects.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

reminder "bump"
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Thanks Mark! Would have been back sooner, but I got off hols only to find someone had 'nicked' the forum!! :shock:

So, we're into the second day of the POEM-Athon, I hope all you 'farmers' have got at least one box crunching POEM! :D

You can get the latest stats from the POEM@home message boards, or just click HERE and I'll keep us up to date with the stats! 8)

We're in a, frankly poor, 18/20 position at the moment. So we need more people to crunch POEM for this challange! :(

Don't worry that the 'Time to Overtake' columns say 'unreachable', that doesn't mean we can't catch the next team! We just need more credits/day to move up the stats! :D

!!POEM-Athon '08....UK BOINC Team!!
Last edited by melter65 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Only things  crunching atm are Poem and Depspid...
Doin' ma best boss, honest  :roll:  :lol:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

ooops forgot about it  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
Better late than never  :P
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I've got 1 core on this for now. If we can get a few more people interested I'll throw the rest on later.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats for the POEM-Athon are HERE

We've improved on yesterdays output, in fact going on the last 4hrs average output we'll pass 'Canada' and go up into 17th place in 7hrs 50mins! :D

Can we have a quick roll-call on who is crunching POEM for the team during the POEM-Athon? The ones I already know are below;

melter65
JoshRandom
Sir Cracked
The Prof
MickyB
Mikee

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone not crunching POEM, but I'd like to know if we can raise enough people to make it worth while participating in future POEM challenges! (I'll also admit that I'm 'touting' for the job of POEM Cheerleader as well! :wink: )

Last edited by melter65 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

I have just put my amd on poem and my p4 3 gig will start it after this nice 20 hr ABC (10 hrs to go ) :lol: 2000 credits ????  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But my bangers (p3's ) are going to keep Nqueens ticking over as poem would kill them
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Should be able to throw the P4 2.7 on it in the morning
:lol:
Thats 5 chips from me .....anyone else care to join ??? :oops:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Cheers Micky! Of course you must keep on crunching your own thing (you lucky multibox/core peeps!)

If people could spare one box/core to crunch POEM for the team, it would be much appreciated! :D

Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

If they don't start giving out WU's soon I will have to bin it.
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

melter65 wrote:
We're in a, frankly poor, 18/20 position at the moment. So we need more people to crunch POEM for this challange! :(
Now reached 17th position  :lol: but those above us are going at 5 times or more our output :(
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hey I found my paranoid hat!

Having a look at the stats for this and thought it a little strange that ESL could manage 5 million credits so quickly. Okay they got a team membership of 26,500 so it's possible but I had another look.

Check these two pages and compare the 'credit per day last 60 days' graphs.

http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_ ... &id=161784

http://boincstats.com/stats/team_graph. ... oem&id=309

Strange how the ups and downs for the last 2 weeks virtually match. I'd have expected the overall total to remain around the 85,000 mark as members ditched projects to swap to POEM, I would not have expected a matching increase. I would certainly not expected the total output to DOUBLE in the last 2 weeks!

Still not convinced? Check the 60 day graphs for the #2 team then...

http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_ ... r=bo&id=17

http://boincstats.com/stats/team_graph. ... oem&id=172

Their overall output has actually dropped slightly as POEM started so it does seem that their members dropped projects to swap over.

The only reason I can think for this is a sudden influx of members. Looking at the POEM data it seems this is the case as every single member (well 4,727 out of 4,729 of them) has registered at POEM during the last month. Where have they come from? Has there been a team merger where the incoming members where required to do only POEM? If so it seems the timing is very convenient for the challenge.

I'll leave it with you m'lud!

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Todays Stats are HERE

As Mark points out, we've climbed a place to 17th position! :D

But you have to remember, this is a 'marathon', not a sprint (as the PG Birthday thingy will be!) So we may catch up to some of the other teams, if they start losing interest and their top crunchers wander off to other projects! :twisted:

UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

UBT - Mikee wrote:Hey I found my paranoid hat!

Having a look at the stats for this and thought it a little strange that ESL could manage 5 million credits so quickly. Okay they got a team membership of 26,500 so it's possible but I had another look.

Check these two pages and compare the 'credit per day last 60 days' graphs.

http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_ ... &id=161784

http://boincstats.com/stats/team_graph. ... oem&id=309

Strange how the ups and downs for the last 2 weeks virtually match. I'd have expected the overall total to remain around the 85,000 mark as members ditched projects to swap to POEM, I would not have expected a matching increase. I would certainly not expected the total output to DOUBLE in the last 2 weeks!

Still not convinced? Check the 60 day graphs for the #2 team then...

http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_ ... r=bo&id=17

http://boincstats.com/stats/team_graph. ... oem&id=172

Their overall output has actually dropped slightly as POEM started so it does seem that their members dropped projects to swap over.

The only reason I can think for this is a sudden influx of members. Looking at the POEM data it seems this is the case as every single member (well 4,727 out of 4,729 of them) has registered at POEM during the last month. Where have they come from? Has there been a team merger where the incoming members where required to do only POEM? If so it seems the timing is very convenient for the challenge.

I'll leave it with you m'lud!
ESL mainly crunch Rosetta with 50% of their total credits.
Poem and Rosetta are both involved in the CASP8 competition and a lot of ESL have switched from Rosetta to Poem.
Poem grants higher credit than Rosetta so their daily output rises
Same machine and most Rosetta results are about the same, Poem varies more but you can see what a difference there is
Secs     Claimed   Granted
12,931     27.70      42.07      11.7/Hour (Rosetta)
6,436       13.79      29.07      16.3/hour (Poem)
7,247       15.52      43.93      21.8/hour (Poem)

From almost 40% higher credit on Poem to over 85% more :!:

paranoid hat can be removed
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

HERE are the latest Stats for the POEM-Athon!

We need to keep up the crunching! Canada are gaining slightly, and we don't want them to retake 17th position!

Thanks for the explanation of the high credits of the ESL team, Mark. I was thinking the same way as Mikee, and it's quite easy to see why Mikee had those suspicions!  

Sir Cracked of the Mind wrote:If they don't start giving out WU's soon I will have to bin it.
Is anyone else having problems? I'm OK, not having any wu issues at all :D

!!POEM-Athon '08.....UK BOINC Team"!!
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

It will still only let me have the two units im working on, nothing in the tank if there is a server problem.

I normally hold 6 days of stock.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Sir Cracked of the Mind wrote:It will still only let me have the two units im working on, nothing in the tank if there is a server problem.

I've got my cache set at 5 days and have 1 wu running and 3 wu's ready to start. I think there are so many people crunching this project at the moment that they are probably rationing the wu's.

HERE are todays Stats. BOINC.BE are pulling away from us at, roughly 2000 credits/day. Canada will pass us and retake 17th place, in approx 19 days! Keep Crunching! :D

UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:
ESL mainly crunch Rosetta with 50% of their total credits.
Poem and Rosetta are both involved in the CASP8 competition and a lot of ESL have switched from Rosetta to Poem.
Poem grants higher credit than Rosetta so their daily output rises
Same machine and most Rosetta results are about the same, Poem varies more but you can see what a difference there is
Secs     Claimed   Granted
12,931     27.70      42.07      11.7/Hour (Rosetta)
6,436       13.79      29.07      16.3/hour (Poem)
7,247       15.52      43.93      21.8/hour (Poem)

From almost 40% higher credit on Poem to over 85% more :!:

paranoid hat can be removed
Not yet!

Their total output has increased from around 800,000/day to 1,700,000/day in the space of a few weeks. I can't believe that this is due to 18% of their members just switching projects. ((4987/26684)X100)

If POEM is the cause then the increase would not be that much, even if the credit granted was double what they were getting before. If it was double then the total output would only be 800,000 X 1.36 =  1,088,000 (800,000 daily output being what they had to start with, 1.36 being the 18% doubled). There is still a huge disparity of around 600,000 daily credits - these credits being POEM output.

I'm not convinced yet, but I'm going to wind my neck in for now in case it gets chopped off!

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Has anyone else 'lost' the 'CPU Time', 'Progress' and 'To Completion' figures in POEM? Still crunching, but BOINC Manager is showing this project like it's an alpha project!! :roll:
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Another way to calculate this
Rosetta output down approx 100k/day would be replaced with up to 186k poem output.
WCG output down around the same amount could be well over 200k worth of poem as WCG credit is so poor.
Spinhenge down 50k really poor credit hour (less than 4) could give over 250k credit on poem.
So three projects output down 250K could be replaced with over 700k on poem
Output is also down on einstein, proteins, qmc, nqueens and possibly others as well and as long as the credit lost was at a lower hourly rate than credit granted on poem their output will rise.

What ever the reason for the credits they are having a cracking good team go at the poem/casp8 challenge.

(now where is that guillotine basket?)
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

melter65 wrote:Has anyone else 'lost' the 'CPU Time', 'Progress' and 'To Completion' figures in POEM? Still crunching, but BOINC Manager is showing this project like it's an alpha project!! :roll:
Mine is ok on the 5 machines I have running  (Boinc ver 5.10.28 )
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

melter65 wrote:Has anyone else 'lost' the 'CPU Time', 'Progress' and 'To Completion' figures in POEM? Still crunching, but BOINC Manager is showing this project like it's an alpha project!! :roll:
Everything's fine here Mr Melter (I'm running BOINC 5.10.8 on Ubuntu).  :?
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Joshrandom wrote:
Everything's fine here Mr Melter (I'm running BOINC 5.10.8 on Ubuntu).  :?
Mmmm.....I'm running v6.2.2 on windoze, so that might explain it!

HERE are the latest stats.

You'll see that we've pulled back BOINC.BE to a 20 day 'overtake', based on the last 4hrs results. We can also welcome NaRyan to the challange, I was talking to him last night and he's put a few boxes on it! :D

Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

melter65 wrote:Mmmm.....I'm running v6.2.2 on windoze, so that might explain it!
As long as its doing the work, I doubt that there's any major problem.  :wink:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

I have noticed one thing with melter65's results.
The Task Details all say this.
<core_client_version>6.2.2</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<stderr_txt>
STDERR FILE
Unrecognized XML in GLOBAL_PREFS::parse_override: mod_time
Skipping: /mod_time
Unrecognized XML in GLOBAL_PREFS::parse_override: max_ncpus_pct
Skipping: 100.000000
Skipping: /max_ncpus_pct
Can't set up shared mem: -1
Will run in standalone mode.

</stderr_txt>
]]>
Yet all of mine say:
<core_client_version>5.10.45</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<stderr_txt>
STDERR FILE

</stderr_txt>
]]>

It's doing the work, but I guess it just don't work too good with Boinc V6.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Thanks for that, Ian! I think I'll drop back to v5.10.45 and stop it with these 'unstable' versions! :lol:

To be fair, there is a warning on the start-up in 'Messages'. It says, "This is a development version of BOINC and may not function properly." Straight to the point, I'd say! :D
UBT - The Prof....

melter65 wrote:Thanks for that, Ian! I think I'll drop back to v5.10.45 and stop it with these 'unstable' versions! :lol:

To be fair, there is a warning on the start-up in 'Messages'. It says, "This is a development version of BOINC and may not function properly." Straight to the point, I'd say! :D
I did this some while ago as I was having problems getting almost anything to run correctly.
Leave version 6 alone for the time being..... :wink:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Can you check again please, NaRyan? Should read same as yours now :D

HERE are today's Stats.

We've picked up on both our last 4hr credits and our last 24hr credits figures! Both are now in the Green! These are the best figures we've had during the crunch! We've reeled BOINC.BE  back in to a 13 day overtake (based on our last 4hr credits) Keep Crunching! :D

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

HERE are todays Stats.

I'm very happy to be able to report an increase in production for this project! We've got Green figures (gains) in all three timed stats, and we've now gained on BOINC.BE by 3500 credits!

I've found some pretty graph's, so I'll add some to these reports! :D

Keep Crunching!

UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Sir Cracked of the Mind wrote:It will still only let me have the two units im working on, nothing in the tank if there is a server problem.

Do you still have this problem?
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

Even though the PrimeGrid Birthday thingy is going on we are still, little by little, gaining on BOINC.BE! :D

Keep Crunching!

Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

Now we have dropped back again, pretty poor showing from the team here.

yes I still only hold the two units i'm working on.
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Sir Cracked of the Mind wrote:Now we have dropped back again, pretty poor showing from the team here.

yes I still only hold the two units i'm working on.

You need to change the settings on how often Boinc can connect to the internet (I assume you have it set to 4 or more days), try setting to connect every 2 days with 2 days in reserve. You can do this on the individual pc without changing the settings on a project. Play around with the settings and it will stop "running as priority".

This applies to any project with a short turnaround time if the connection time is too far ahead Boinc panics so reducing the time actually lets you get more work (which is the reverse of what I thought-long gap between connection=more work.)
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

That worked! stupid system! cheers
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Hi peeps sorry not been around much been doing me own thing i'm sure you all understand... :)

So anyway I'll stop all my other stuff and join in if not too late putting all cores onto poem asap.

Terry
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

UBT - Terry wrote:Hi peeps sorry not been around much been doing me own thing i'm sure you all understand... :)

So anyway I'll stop all my other stuff and join in if not too late putting all cores onto poem asap.

Terry
Welcome, still plenty of time and with a bit more power we stand a chance of catching some of the others
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Early Stats are HERE  (I'm working nights!)

A big Welcome to UBT - Terry! You can add as many cores as you like, Mate! :D

Glad to see Sir Cracked sorted his cache problem (Thanks Mark!) :D

I was expecting the drop in yesterday and today's stats, with the PG 24hr Birthday Bash going on. So now the dust's settled on that we can get back to crunching more POEM and see if we can climb the leaderboard before the end of the month! :D

UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

Hi,

Sorry it's a bit late in the month but I have only just spotted this thread.

I have paused several projects for the time being and changed them over to POEM.

Hope this helps a bit.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

The chase is afoot! :D

We've pulled back approx 20,000 credits on BOINC.BE over the last few days! All three gain/loss columns are 'in the green!' Only 3days and 11hrs to overtake, using the 'last 24hr' credits stat! :wink:

Welcome to new member UBT - Nogbo, you've come on as half-time substitute, but in this game no one has to go off! :lol:

Let's give it an all out push for the second half of the POEM-Athon! :D

PS: The POEM site is offline at the moment, I'm trying to find out what's happening!
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Poem seems to be back now :lol:
UBT - The Prof....

Back up as just downloaded new wu. 8)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

My finished wu's all 'disappeared' at approx 23.00hrs! 8)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

From the POEM website;
June 16, 2008 - Webserver woes, 100.000 jobs

Yesterday the project had problems with the webserver. As it seems some of the cache files on the webserver became unreadable, which resulted in apache not spawning new processes.
Apart from yesterday, the project is doing fine, as you are all doing a tremendous job: the 100.000 job mark was crossed a few times already. Thanks for all your ongoing support and sorry for the trouble.
The server has also been down for a while this afternoon as well! :roll:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

Despite the server problems (see above posts!) UBT are crunching more POEM credits than ever in this Marathon! :D

All three output columns (last 4hrs, 24hrs and 72hrs) show us crunching approx DOUBLE the credits of BOINC.BE!! :D

We're approx 25,000 credits behind BOINC.BE (16th) and 50,000 credits behind AMD Users (15th), but we're out crunching BOTH those teams! :D

We're only halfway through this Marathon, there's time left to gain a few more places in this race! :D

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

Less than 20,000 credits behind and we're still gaining on both BOINC.BE and AMD Users by leaps and bounds! :D

In fact the overtake time for the last 4hr credits is showing that we could overtake BOTH teams in one go! :D

Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

Now we are starting to move, I thought it was going to be a total embarrassment for a few days there!
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Sir Cracked of the Mind wrote:Now we are starting to move, I thought it was going to be a total embarrassment for a few days there!
I realise that it was a bit like watching a Supertanker turn around! But I'd been looking at the POEM website stats for UBT as well as the POEM-Athon stats, and I could see how we were increasing our credit output, compared with the start of the Crunch! :D

Today's Stats are HERE

All three overtake stats are now showing less than 24hrs to overtaking BOINC.BE :D

We are now outproducing not only BOINC.BE and AMD Users, but also Crunchers Inc, who are in 14th place! :D

UBT - The Prof....

Still trucking on this one... :roll:
Just returned another wu, one on-going atm 8)
All in a good cause :!:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Just to keep you going, Prof. Have a look at the pretty graph from 23.00hrs tonight.

You can smell the chips and mayo! :wink:
UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

If I am reading the stats right then we are now within 2 hours of overtaking BOINC.BE   :D

Think we have found top gear now.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

If I am reading the stats right then we are now within 2 hours of overtaking BOINC.BE  
If I read them right, we just overtook them!

A day and a half until AMD Users fall behind as well  :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

Well Done, peeps! As Nogbo and Woodles rightly observed, we've just ripped past BOINC.BE and are in hot pursuit of AMD Users! :D

We're still outproducing AMD Users and now Crunchers Inc. as well! :D

Another pretty graph for you:

This one shows how fast we are closing in on AMD Users! :D

Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

From what I can see, we should catch Crunchers in ten and a half days but the competition ends in ten days and fifteen hours, it's going to be close!  :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

We are now right behind AMD Users and flashing our high-beams to overtake! :D

I haven't worked out the time scale to overtake Crunchers Inc, Woodles, but the Stats page will do that as soon as we pass AMD Users! :D

A pretty graph that shows what our output has been over the past 18 days! :D

!!POEM-Athon '08....UK BOINC Team
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Bye bye AMD's .. Nice 1 team  :lol:
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

We had passed tham at six this morning when I checked in after my night shift, but was to knackered to comment!
we have dropped back since then, as it said we would pass the next team in ten days then.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Early Stats today (nights again!) are HERE

We're 12days behind Crunchers Inc, with 9days to go, so now's the time to dig deep and see if we can close the gap before the end! :D

Our credit output is more than double that of Crunchers Inc. in the 4hr stats and only a little less than double in the 24hr and 72hr stats! So there's evry chance of overhauling them! :D

If we can now treat this as a 9day team crunch and get more members running POEM for only 9days then we can finish in a respectable 14th position in a worldwide competition! :D

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

All i can say is 1800+ members ....26 bothering  :D
For all the members that have .........Great job  :D  :D  :D
We should really be pushing for a top 5.
How many members are active on the forum ?
:drunken:  :drunken:
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

UBT - mickyb69 wrote:All i can say is 1800+ members ....26 bothering  :D
For all the members that have .........Great job  :D  :D  :D
We should really be pushing for a top 5.
How many members are active on the forum ?
:drunken:  :drunken:

1800+ team members but under 300 forum members (and they are not all team members either).
Of the 42 team members who crunch Poem; 26 have done so in the last 4 weeks (62%)
Depends how you wish to define active:37 forum members have visited the site in the last week rising to 46 since 1st June.
30 forum members are responsible for 87% of the total forum postings and by chance 87% of team members are not forum members.
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

We seem to have dropped back a bit, it says 14 days now!

it's 6:30 in the morning now and i've just done another 12 hour shift so i'm off to bed!!
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Sorry folks but I can't go all in on this I havent got enough memory :oops:  :roll:

Terry
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Just had a quick look at the stats, and it looks as though Crunchers Inc have lit the blue touch paper....

..if the stats page is right, then they just got over 180,000 credits in the last four hours, while we have only managed 270,000 in the whole of June thus far.  :(

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMITY SPAM    :lol:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

According to the stats they done 824.032 credits in the last day!
Either the stats have gone a bit weird, or someone has been sitting on a lot of work and only just reported it....
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

No worries, Terry, it all helps! :D

I presume they've waited until deadline day before reporting all their finished wu's. A kick in the teeth for us, but nothing to say you can't do that! :(

Maybe this explains it?

Or has YKW swapped teams again? :wink:
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

melter65 wrote:No worries, Terry, it all helps! :D

I presume they've waited until deadline day before reporting all their finished wu's. A kick in the teeth for us, but nothing to say you can't do that! :(

Maybe this explains it?

Or has YKW swapped teams again? :wink:

Deadlines are quite short on this so I don't think hoarding but their star Poem Cruncher left the team just before the start of this if they have rejoined that would do it.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

After the massive jump in Cruncher Inc's production yesterday, these stats make interesting and encouraging reading! :D

You'll notice that the overtake stats are back down to 8 and a half days on the 4hr/credits column and 12 and 13 days respectively on the 24 and 72hr data!  :D

All is not lost! We can still catch them, with a little extra crunching! Just look how we're out-producing them in all three stat columns! :twisted:

On a lighter note, see how long it will be before Kipssi overtake Team ECN on the last 4hrs stats! :wink:
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Four hour stats now say only seven days and fifteen hours ... shame there's only six days and fifteen hours left! Looks like we're just going to miss out  :(
vaio

Post by vaio »

Greetings

Crunchers Inc stats were a glitch.
Our output is next to nothing so you can catch us.......I am visiting with a friends team atm.

Good luck
vaio

Post by vaio »

BTW........

If you play nice there may be some serious crunching power headed your way for a coupla weeks after the poemathon.

Dunno when yet, but IF we show up you'll notice  :wink:

You lot got a target position in mind?
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

Hi vaio, that was one hell of a glitch! :lol:

Are the Gypsy Poem Crew ready for another walkabout? :D

Anyhoo, vaio is right about Crunchers Inc's production! We need to keep pushing this one right to the end! Even though the overtake times are showing longer than the POEM-Athon has to run, it doesn't take much to alter those stats! :D

vaio

Post by vaio »

So you don't want me to go home at the last minute then? :P

Come on UBT........STEP IT UP!!!
Ben

Post by Ben »

vaio wrote:So you don't want me to go home at the last minute then? :P

Come on UBT........STEP IT UP!!!
Hot on your heels  :wink:
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Our output is next to nothing so you can catch us
Vaio's right, 72 hours ago they were averaging 662 an hour, 24 hours ago it was 143, now only 80 while we've been fairly constant at 600-650 ish!

However, even if they stop producing completely, it'll still take ten days to catch them at our current rate :(

Looks like we need more crunchers ... wherever they come from! :D
Timby

Post by Timby »

OK chaps, just put a few back on to this till the end, every little helps  :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

Cheers Timby! :D

Yes, Woodles is right, we need more crunchers for the last five days of the POEM-Athon, or we won't catch Crunchers Inc :(

Could I appeal to all the multicore/box crunchers in the Team to spare another core for just five more days of POEM? :D

Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

I have switched my other projects to 'no new work', and put everything I've got onto POEM for the rest of the POEM-athon.....

..not that I've got a lot mind.  :)

There's only a few days left, if anyone else wants to lend a hand.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Much appreciated, Mr Random! :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

You've already got all I've got ... even nicked the girlfriends laptop while she's not looking!  :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Woodles wrote:You've already got all I've got ... even nicked the girlfriends laptop while she's not looking!  :D
He He!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You can have one of my old avatars!

UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

I'll give it a couple more days then
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Thanks Mark! :D

Here's a graph taken from the stats about 23.50hrs. It shows how we are gaining on Crunchers Inc, little by little! 8)

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

We have 4days, 4hrs and 40mins left of the POEM-Athon left, as I write this post. The overtake stats in the last 4hr column are showing 3days and 17hrs!!! Come On! We can do this!! :D

Ben

Post by Ben »

Out of sheer closeness which this is going to be.. I have finally decided to hit POEM also. Sorry for the late contribution chaps but i'm gonna give it all during these last 4 days. 4 more cores at the ready!

I want to see us get that extra place up! If not, there are going to be a few screws loose in some bar stools next time!  :lol:  :wink:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Very much appreciated, Ben! :D
UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

Only had one core not crunching POEM and that was the one I was using to try out Virtual Prairie.

Unfortunately VP is something of a non-starter at the moment so that core has also been turned over to POEM.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Thanks for the additional core(s), our average per hour for the last four hours has doubled what it's been the rest of the time, just think where we could have ended up if we'd been at this rate all the time!

Three days and sixteen hours left, three days and fourteen hours to catch them, it's beginning to look like we might actually make it!  :)

(Sorry in advance if that jinxs anything!)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

4hr stats showing 2days and 23hrs to overtake Crunchers Inc, with 3days and 5hrs left of the POEM-Athon! :D

Thanks for going 'all out' on POEM, Nogbo! 8)

It's going to be a close one, but I'm sure we'll make it! :D

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:oops: Soz ..was offline for a day and half  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: So heres 1600
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Overtake time is sticking around 3 days, not going to get there without more firepower :(
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

We're still slighty behind on the 4hr overtake stats, but if you look at the overtake stats for 24hr and 72hr overtake times are roughly the same. I believe that we are stabilising our output over a 72hr period and with a last push we can overtake Crunchers Inc! :D

Yesterday was our highest credit day over the whole POEM-Athon! Here's a pretty graph to prove it! :D

And here's another one to show how close we are to Crunchers Inc! :D

vaio

Post by vaio »

Man, those Crunchers Inc folk are slackers  :lol:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Today's Stats are HERE

Unfortunately they're not slack enough, vaio! :lol:

Thanks for the effort people, but unless we can find 56,000 credit sometime in the next 1day and 10hrs then we won't catch Crunchers Inc :(

I'm on nights for the next two days, so I might not get the chance to be here at the end of the POEM-Athon, so can I just take this opportunity to Thank everyone who has taken part and crunched for the Team, however large or small, everybody's contribution has gone towards an admirable final total! Cheers!  :occasion5:

UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

With less than 12 hours to go now it is going to take an act of God or stroke of genius for us to catch Crunchers Inc now.  :(

We should still finish in a respectable 15th place though.  :D

This is the first challenge I have taken part in and it has been good, looking forward to the next one now.

Many thanks to Melter for being an ace cheerleader.
vaio

Post by vaio »

I have a lil something I want to try elsewhere for a week but afterwards I'll be stopping by your team a while if that's ok?

Later  :D

Couldn't catch Crunchers Inc eh  :P
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

For the last time! Today's Stats are HERE

We couldn't quite catch Crunchers Inc, but we were only 1day and 3hrs short at the end! :D

Glad you enjoyed the crunch, Nogbo, they brighten up what can be a somewhat tedious hobby sometimes, and give the individual projects a healthy boost! :D

I think I'll apply for the POEM cheerleader job, I like a challenge! :wink: