Hi Everyone

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
John L Smith
UBT Contributor

Hi Everyone

Post by John L Smith »

Bionic has such a wide range of research projects to give them a name but which ones do members think are the most worthy of taking part in ? And which ones will benefit mankind the most?
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by Woodles »

Hi John,

Welcome aboard.

Each member is free to indulge in whatever combination of projects they think needs their support, there's no "most worthy", everyone has their own opinion.

Post your interests and I'm sure you'll get some suggestions about which projects to try.

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi John

Welcome to the forum.

People "do" BOINC for many reasons; for some it's the credits, for others it's the sentiments behind the projects and for others it's the ability to help science and maths...

So, there's plenty of choice of projects to fulfil any (or even most) of the above "needs". And whichever choice you make, no-one can criticise you, as you are donating some of your computing resources (and some cost of running it) towards the greater good...

Personally, I prefer the more science based projects...whether it is SETI@home, Rosetta or any other "science" based project that comes to mind. However, I'm being attracted to the new Acoustics@home projects as I work in this industry so that has been taking some of my processing power more recently.

PS~: Feel free to ask any questions about BOINC and the projects - we're here to help and assist in any way we can :-)

And please join our Team on any (or all) of the projects you are attached to :-)

regards
Tim