Hello new returnee :)

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
fellie
UBT Contributor

Hello new returnee :)

Post by fellie »

Hi all, firstly ty to Timbo for sorting my old account :geek: :-D

Been away 5 or so years I believe, strange looking through the old posts, seeing broadband speeds of 30 being 'amazing' , and many a familiar name :mrgreen:

I used to crunch mostly med / bio projects, Superlink, Simap,Tanpaku, Lattice etc etc, and of course always tried to go with the Sneaky Club on our little missions :clap: :dance:

Anyhow, crunching now on a 4 x 3.3 / 660 gpu and 3 android devices.
Looking mainly at RNA, DD@H, Rosetta and WCG, but open to suggestions for new med / bio / team crunch efforts :)

So, yeah....Hi !

NB, signature looks a bit out of date ....25m PG missing for starters LOL
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Hello new returnee :)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi fellie

Glad you got access to the account OK.

Yup - a few things have changed since your last visit...new forum (now updated with a few extra's), quite a few new members, and by the same token, a few have fallen by the wayside.

re: stats on signature
It looks like BOINC stats have got 3 different entries for you in their database of crunchers:

This one has most of your projects listed:

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user ... rojectList

This one has your PrimeGrid account, plus others:

This one is based on closed accounts:

I'm not sure how best to sort this out - but as most stats websites are based on the email address of the cruncher being identical on every project account, i would look into each one of the projects and check which email address has been used.

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Fellie,

Welcome back :)

I don't think we ever 'talked' but I remember the name.

If you're interested in team crunch efforts then we're currently doing quite well in the Formula Boinc challenges, one of which starts tonight viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6090 (well, officially from tomorrow night but we like to store up some results once the project is known :D)

Mark
fellie
UBT Contributor

Post by fellie »

Thanks guys,

Ooh looking into closed projects will probably be impossible :/, Ill have to scrape as many together as possible :)

which project Mark ... ;)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

fellie wrote:Thanks guys,

Ooh looking into closed projects will probably be impossible :/, Ill have to scrape as many together as possible :)

Hi fellie

You'll have to wave goodbye to the stats on BOINCstats for the closed projects (as you can't change any email address you used on them as the project websites have gone).

But you should be able to align all the stats on the other two "sets" of data...just make sure they ALL use the same email address.

re: Formula BOINC
The project will be announced at 12 midnight tonight ;-)

regards
Tim
fellie
UBT Contributor

Post by fellie »

Ok cool, so Im changing all projects to the same email and password, hopefully I will get those PG credits back at least :)

Will hopefully get onto the Formula boinc in the morning :)
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

fellie wrote:Thanks guys,

I don't think you'll be able to combine all your projects if some are on different emails and not active any more. It might be worth dropping Willy at Boincstats an email, he might be able to align them manually (I have a vague recollection that he's done it before for others)

It's a surprise :D
fellie wrote:Ok cool, so Im changing all projects to the same email and password, hopefully I will get those PG credits back at least :)

Will hopefully get onto the Formula boinc in the morning :)
Look forward to seeing you there, they're usually quite entertaining so long as they choose a project we stand a chance of competing in.

Mark