Hello

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
CraigD74

Hello

Post by CraigD74 »

Hi I'm Craig and I signed up to the big science project many years ago and a year later Seti@Home launched and I was on my way with my first ever BOINC project. I have stayed with Seti throughout and now run Einstein, Rosetta and have been involved in all versions of LHC@Home. I even got involved with LHC's Test4Theory on their second wave of limited registrations and was running those for several months before it went fully public.

I'm am also a former member of the international group BOINC Synergy which has been offline for so long now that I decided to look around for a UK team to give my support to.

Happy crunching.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: Hello

Post by Woodles »

Hi Craig,

I also started with the original SETI programme but have since spread out a bit :)

Welcome to the team :)

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Craig

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you're one of the "veterans" of BOINC ;-) if you've been crunching with those projects !

Hope you like what we have to offer on the forum...if not, please tell us what would make it better.

regards
Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

Welcome to the team.

I remember BOINC Synergy being one of the forerunners of BOINC and quite an active forum/site. What happened?

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikee wrote:
I remember BOINC Synergy being one of the forerunners of BOINC and quite an active forum/site. What happened?

Mike
Hi Mike

Looks like the boincsynergy.com website is no more.

I recall they did some great stats - it was run by Zain Upton, IIRC.

Looks like the domain hasn't been renewed when it was due, on 6 Jan 2017.

https://who.is/whois/boincsynergy.com

regards
Tim
CraigD74

Post by CraigD74 »

UBT - Mikee wrote:Hi

Welcome to the team.

Mike
Hi Mikee,

I used to go on and check my stats a couple of times a month and suddenly I started getting database error messages and finding the site wasn't always available. Initial messages claimed they were updating things and a couple of weeks later just a holding page claiming site was temporarily unavailable. I initially thought they took the whole site offline to update & test it but nothing re-appeared and no communication from the group admins.