New to the Forums

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

There is a slight "Gotcha" with it ...... initially when it starts the learning process, even extrapolating the "time completed so far" may well give wacky times.

Usually takes around 20-30% of WU run time to - initially - start to nail the timings. So whilst its still worth going through this from get-go, just bare in mind that even with "time completed so far" route, it can be a bit flakey.

Once its done circa 20-30% of a WU its pretty well nailed the estimate on the first figure - just be suspicious on that first column when initially only done 20-30% complete. Over time that first column - very quickly in fact -  shows reality.

All sounds horribly complex .... it isn't, honestly (!) .... its a doddle once you twig whats going on. Its just "wordy wordy" to explain :)
Kieron J. Barr

Post by Kieron J. Barr »

It's alright, I understand what you are trying to explain...so it's all good :)

As you say, if they have no basis point of reference to form an estimate, then the initial WU's will give crazy times for a while.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Kieron J. Barr wrote:.....Another driver already? I only just updated it! lol

Edit - In fact, I just went to the Nvidia site, and the driver it shows me is still the 335.23 one.
Hi Kieron

I just checked and in fact it's the Win XP drivers that are now 335.28 - you have a Win 7 PC and that is still on 335.23, so no need to update - sorry about that !! (I'd assumed they changed all the different Win drivers at the same time).

regards
Tim
Kieron J. Barr

Post by Kieron J. Barr »

That's alright Tim, no need to apologise....but likewise, I would have thought they all updated at the same time as well.
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Hmmmm ..... had a thought .....

Many reading the above will be unaware of the true nature of the NAAFI, even though inside the Armed Forces its a unique and remarkable institution. Generally speaking a soldier - as a euphemism - both loves to Hate it (keeping up "Street Cred" demands such a reaction), and in private Hates to Love it (because you are supposed to Hate it rofl ....)

They do a remarkable job for the Armed Forces (unfunded by the MOD Budget as such in that it has to stand on its own economic feet - purely civilian organisation run from within the MOD [sort of rofl .... its kind of a Hybrid in commercial terms]).

As the Folk Law goes, keep your eyes open at the end of a an assault on the enemy location for the "NAAFI Wagon". There is more truth to that statement than many realise - its stunning where and when these guys turn up, from full blown modern supermarket in Germany and UK, to a fully camouflaged "NAAFI Wagon" whilst on Operations aka the Jungles of the then Burma, NI, Middle East, Falklands .... where ever.

Its a remarkable British Institution. Take a peak at (and do take the time to click to expand each category and read them):

http://www.naafi.co.uk/history

My Father was a Chief Petty Officer NAAFI during WW2, primarily on Atlantic Convoys and the Sheldt Minesweeping Operation leading up to the Port of Antwerp - providing NAAFI "goodies" from a small personal Locker on Destroyer's and Minesweepers. During the Falklands War, a pic of the QE2's Naafi Manager manning an air defence machine Gun was plastered all over the Media - especially The Sun -  during the Falkland Sound Battle with Argentinian Air Force. Dad rang me and said ..... "there ya go, us NAAFI Manager's have their uses" .... rofl

...... that's my street cred blown .... praising NAAFI ..... sheeeesh :)