Hi there

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
Darren

Post by Darren »

Got two.
My main machine is Win XP64 SP2 running 8.12 drivers, no problems at all. (Kiss of death to this machine now!)
My PVR running vista64 and 8.12 drivers crashes at least once a day when using the remote. Endless loop type of error.
They only run 24hrs a day at weekends though.
Ben

Post by Ben »

I have Vista x64 also and was also having this problem when left unattended. However... I'm not sure if i have solved it by putting the screen saver to 9999 mins! That appears to have stopped it. I think the screen saver was not mixing well and causing it to have all sorts of problems. So far it has been running fine for longish periods of time by itself.

It may also be a good idea to lower the clock rate by about 50Mhz using the CC center. I also dropped the memory clock speeds right down as well as if they arn't being used for gaming they don't need to be cranked up beyond 800Mhz
cj1966

hello

Post by cj1966 »

hi all , heard about this from a friend . would like to know more . every bit helps  :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Cj,

Every bit sure does help!  :D What would you like to know? How to set up BOINC and attach to Milkyway@Home? Or another project etc