Hello

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi, Eric - I created (and maintain to the best of my ability) a list of active projects - http://forum.ukboincteam.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=, so you can add whatever takes your fancy :D
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Welcome back Eric  :wave:
rich2000k

Post by rich2000k »

Welcome to the team Eric, we're all a good bunch (I think at least).

Have fun!
UBT - Eric
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Eric »

UBT - Chris wrote:Hi, Eric - I created (and maintain to the best of my ability) a list of active projects - http://forum.ukboincteam.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=, so you can add whatever takes your fancy :D
Hello Chris

Thanks for the link and advice.

My problem is that my laptop cannot really be used for normal BOINC projects as it is very underpowered, compared to what you can buy today.

I'm therefore restricted in what other projects can be run....whereas for Bitcoin, all the work is done by this separate R-Box and so I can use my laptop as normal and I can help UBT a little bit.

Thanks for the suggestion.
UBT - Eric
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Eric »

Joshrandom wrote:Welcome back Eric  :wave:
Hello and thanks for the welcome - it's been a while since I was last active on here.
UBT - Eric
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Eric »

rich2000k wrote:Welcome to the team Eric, we're all a good bunch (I think at least).

Have fun!
Hello rich2000k and thank you for the welcome. I certainly hope to be able to have a bit of fun while I can. It's what life is all about, isn't it?
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

No problem, Eric - it is there incase you ever need it, whenever that may be :D
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Eric
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Eric »

Hello,

I've at last got my laptop sorted out....just a question now of whether my contribution is of any use....as I see that we might soon to be taking over as #1 team again :)

...and only 594 forum messages for me to read and catch up on ;)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Welcome back!

I noticed you had some credits on Johns stats site today.

Not sure about overtaking TSBT anytime soon though - we seem to be just keeping pace with them at the moment - still anything you can do will help.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Welcome back Eric :) Now get started on reading all the forum posts, you're sure to have missed a few gems! :D

Every contribution is useful, not just to the team but to the projects themselves.

Just a brief pause until Tim gets back to crunching full time, then it should be a couple of weeks to move back to UK #1 ... hopefully!

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Eric wrote:Hello,

I've at last got my laptop sorted out....just a question now of whether my contribution is of any use....as I see that we might soon to be taking over as #1 team again :)

...and only 594 forum messages for me to read and catch up on ;)
Hi Eric

I'm away on business, (and hence my posts this week will be somewhat irregular) but nice to see you are back - glad you got the laptop fixed :)

regards
Tim
UBT - Eric
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Eric »

Hello

I've been lucky enough to be given a new piece of Bitcoin mining hardware, which a friend of mine had and he had no more use for....

I think he got bored with it not earning him millions of dollars overnight plus he might have seen his recent electricity bill ;)

So, I've now been given it....it's hopefully going to double my output :)

Will see in the next few days what sort of improvement it makes.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Sounds cool - what did he give you or is it a secret?
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Eric wrote:Hello

I've been lucky enough to be given a new piece of Bitcoin mining hardware, which a friend of mine had and he had no more use for....
Hi Eric, like to share what you got? :D
UBT - Eric wrote:I think he got bored with it not earning him millions of dollars overnight plus he might have seen his recent electricity bill ;)
It can come as a bit of a shock if you haven't worked it out in advance :)
UBT - Eric wrote:So, I've now been given it....it's hopefully going to double my output :)

UBT - Mikee wrote:Sounds cool - what did he give you or is it a secret?
If it's going to 'double your output' I'm guessing at either an R100 or BFL60 :)

Mark
UBT - Eric
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Eric »

It's not a secret...so I'm happy to share.

It's a "NEW R-Box" and it is sitting alongside a pair of the original R-Box devices.

I've spoken to my friend about BOINC too and he is quite interested in getting involved so you might gain an extra member soon.
UBT - Eric
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Eric »

Woodles wrote:
UBT - Eric wrote:Hello

Hi Eric, like to share what you got? :D
UBT - Eric wrote:I think he got bored with it not earning him millions of dollars overnight plus he might have seen his recent electricity bill ;)
It can come as a bit of a shock if you haven't worked it out in advance :)
UBT - Eric wrote:So, I've now been given it....it's hopefully going to double my output :)

If it's going to 'double your output' I'm guessing at either an R100 or BFL60 :)

Mark
I've got a "NEW R-Box" - is that the same as a R100?

In a day or two's time, I'll see if it's made much difference - I hope it will have otherwise, I'll give it back to him.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Eric,

If it's one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/NEW-Rockminer-R ... B00NFQEHE6 then it's the one I was thinking of.

What do you have at the moment? Two of these http://www.amazon.com/RockMiner-R-BOX-S ... B00KLQHSM6? If so, it should more than double your output!  :D

The more the merrier as far as your friend is concerned, we don't bite here  :wink:

Mark
UBT - Eric
UBT Contributor

Re: Hello

Post by UBT - Eric »

It's been a while since I last "popped in" - and when I visited the website earlier, it was shut :( I thought you lot had all gone away...

Luckily, my eyes aren't that bad and I spotted the new website link, so you've moved home ?

(Though it wasn't an actual link - I had to make my fingers work and make sure I typed it in OK).

So, here I am... :)

I must say, I like the look of the new forum...so, well done to all concerned for giving it a new breath of life.

I'll have a bit of a wander around and if anything takes my fancy, I might just say something else...but don't count on it being Shakespearean in content or style ;)
hgblade

Re: Hello

Post by hgblade »

Hi Eric

Good to see you again - glad you found our new home!