New members Welcome

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

UBT - Temujin wrote:Hi Paul
welcome to the forum
I reckon your feet must be a bit wet mate look here
:lol:

If you go back to the map and search 51.25 0.55 instead of 51°25'N, 0°55'E, you get the right position for some odd reason
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PaulT wrote:If you go back to the map and search 51.25 0.55 instead of 51°25'N, 0°55'E, you get the right position for some odd reason
flippin heck, your just round the corner from my mum :thumbup:
Used to live there meself many years ago, I used to work behind the bar at The Parkwood, dodging the fights every saturday night :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Temujin wrote:
UBT - PaulT wrote:If you go back to the map and search 51.25 0.55 instead of 51°25'N, 0°55'E, you get the right position for some odd reason
flippin heck, your just round the corner from my mum :thumbup:
Used to live there meself many years ago, I used to work behind the bar at The Parkwood, dodging the fights every saturday night :D

Oooh eck - this is getting scary - until last year, I lived in Grove Road, off Sutton Road..........

And my mum used to live just off Wallis Avenue......!

:shock:

PS The Parkwood Tavern got shut down a couple of weeks ago - same old thing - pub used for some "dealing" alledgedly....

And the Broadway Belle is shut - been like that for a two years of more - and the Esso station next door to that closed a while back and they are building houses there now...!

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

So, you are really:

51° 15' N 0° 33' E !!!!

(15' = 0.25 (a quarter) of a minute)
(33' = 0.55 (just over half) of a minute)

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:PS The Parkwood Tavern got shut down a couple of weeks ago - same old thing - pub used for some "dealing" alledgedly....
haha, that doesn't surprise me
Ere, we haven't got any Parks here have we :shock: used to be a whole clan of em in the parkwood.
And the Broadway Belle is shut - been like that for a two years of more
that was called The Blue Door when I 1st moved down there, changed to Broadway Belle sometime early 80s I think. That place was just as bad as the Parkwood.

That supermarket wasn't there either, used to have great fun on our push bikes on the old skid-pan they had there.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:So, you are really: 51° 15' N 0° 33' E !!!!
See, thats why I thought he was swimming of Isle of Sheppey, degree and decimal mixup :D

small world aint it
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Temujin wrote:haha, that doesn't surprise me
Ere, we haven't got any Parks here have we :shock: used to be a whole clan of em in the parkwood.
And the Broadway Belle is shut - been like that for a two years of more
that was called The Blue Door when I 1st moved down there, changed to Broadway Belle sometime early 80s I think. That place was just as bad as the Parkwood.

That supermarket wasn't there either, used to have great fun on our push bikes on the old skid-pan they had there.
I moved down there in 1988 (for work reasons). The skid-pan got sold off soon after (not related!) for Safeway to build their supermarket - for me, that meant if we ran out of something, in less than 30 seconds (by car) I could be parked up, walk inside and be halfway down the aisle...!.

BTW: The maintenance buildings next door to the skid-pan (and between the supermarket and the Police HQ) have just been sold off and new houses are going up there....think the block of flats behind the maintenance section is being knocked down - I was down there a couple of weeks ago and it was already fenced off awaiting the bull-dozers..!)

What else has changed?
- The Fremlins brewery site is now a shopping centre - but they kept the gatehouse with the elephant on the "side" entrance close to Earl Street/Pudding Lane.
- The Trebor factory on the riverfront closed sometime ago and was demolished - it's now a block of riverside apartments (overlooking the above !!).
- The gasometer in St Peter Street was removed and is now a DIY warehouse.

But the same old problems still exist:
- you don't leave a car parked overnight at the Parkwood Parade - there won't be much of it left by morning...!
- if the M20 gets blocked, then you can't get out of the town for hours (coz the diversion route goes through the town)
- the Channel Tunnel now means that every other vehicle on the M20 is a 40-tonner !!

Happy memories !!! :wink:

regards,

Tim

(PS The town we're talking about is Maidstone )
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

BTW: The maintenance buildings next door to the skid-pan (and between the supermarket and the Police HQ) have just been sold off and new houses are going up there....think the block of flats behind the maintenance section is being knocked down - I was down there a couple of weeks ago and it was already fenced off awaiting the bull-dozers..!)
I know mate, my mum lives on Queen Elizabeth Square (or whats left of it). Hers is the 1st house up from Sutton Road, right next door to the maintenance buildings. Shes the only private owner there and is gonna be the only "old" house in the place when they're all built. I was down there 2 fridays ago. The houses next door to her are used as offices by HQ staff, dunno if they'll be staying or getting knocked down.

The Trebor factory on the riverfront closed sometime ago and was demolished
Arrgh, dya mean there'll be no more treacle at the Tovil Treacle Mines :shock:
(I got a brother that lives in Tovil)

(PS The town we're talking about is Maidstone )

hehe, I know that ya numpty :D

We moved down there from Leeds in 1978, I moved away in 1982 just after I got married but my mum and brother are still there.
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:Just sorted one ov the lads Boinc client 4 him, and he's joined the team.

Yo Yo Yo to 'UBT - TNT2073' :headbang:

Welcome to the Team TNT2073 :wav:

Jimmy
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Temujin wrote:(PS The town we're talking about is Maidstone
hehe, I know that ya numpty :D .
Hi John,

Was only mentioning it by name to those following the thread who might have been wondering....!

And as for Tovil.........

Saw Jo Brand at the Hazlett a while back - and her first joke of the evening was.....

"so anyone from Tovil here ?? (cheers from audience)........well, while you're here, my mates are f***ing nicking stuff from YOUR houses tonight...! "

Great stuff and just about sums up the area...!

regards,

Tim
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

For a minute their I though I was in the Team Cafe 8)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - James Findlay wrote:For a minute their I though I was in the Team Cafe 8)
What? don't you come from Maidstone? :D
your probably right mate, we've hi-jacked it a bit aint we
nuff said
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Should rename this thread to Homiez United LoooL :wink: