New members Welcome

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
UBT - Steve Taylor

New members Welcome

Post by UBT - Steve Taylor »

What do you think about the possibility of having one of those topics that stick to the top of this section just to welcome new users when they sign up to the forum where all users can post and make them welcome i know we could start a new topic everytime but this may get abit busy as more members join

Just a thought!

While im thinking along that line welcome to the forum dmeredith
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

I think it would be easier just to post each new person as they come otherwise a sticky thread will just get too large and put people off reading all of it.

Edit: Then at least when a new member has been welcomed by all, the post will work its way down to the bottom out of the way
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

We haven't had a 'new members welcome' post for a while so...

Welcome Hamish Bell, UBT Tony (made himself known all ready but no-one welcomed him to the club!), DoomsDay, russkris, falgarth and Semblar.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

mikeejones1 wrote:We haven't had a 'new members welcome' post for a while so...

Welcome Hamish Bell, UBT Tony (made himself known all ready but no-one welcomed him to the club!), DoomsDay, russkris, falgarth and Semblar.

OK - maybe we need to set up a rota scheme, so that at least once per day, one of the team is responsible for doing the "Welcomes" for that day.

Or, maybe one members is responsible for a week, after which the responsibility shifts to another member.

That way, at least everyone is aware of who is doing what. And the welcomes then don't get "stale" as each member can do their own type of "welcome".

Any takers???

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Or why not just make a post when someone notices a new member to the team/forum, I don't I don't have time to search out new members
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Or why not just make a post when someone notices a new member to the team/forum
I like that idea. First to spot a new member gets a....

Smarty point?
Goody Point?
Nothin?
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

mikeejones1 wrote:I like that idea. First to spot a new member gets a....

Smarty point?
Goody Point?
Nothin?
No they get a oh look there licking Master's bum again :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:
mikeejones1 wrote:I like that idea. First to spot a new member gets a....

Smarty point?
Goody Point?
Nothin?
No they get a oh look there licking Master's bum again :lol:

Sorry people, but bum licking doesn't work for me.....but shoes - now that's a different story - I like a nice "polished" shoe, with plenty of polish and even more "spit".

Got to be able to see my reflection in it.....!

The Master
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Timbo wrote:Got to be able to see my reflection in it.....!

The Master
Doesn't that give you a fright when you see the monster staring back at you
falgarth

Post by falgarth »

how about you just forgo the hastle of tryin to spot new members when they join and just creat an area where new members can introduce them selves or just say hello.

p.s. hello all
UBT - Halifax-lad

falgarth wrote:how about you just forgo the hastle of tryin to spot new members when they join and just creat an area where new members can introduce them selves or just say hello.

p.s. hello all

Hello Welcome, new members can always say hello in this welcome section of the forum

Enjoy your stay

PS your sig needs to be

Code: Select all

[img]http://boinc.mundayweb.com/one/stats.php/userID:6347/trans:off/.png[/img]
Last edited by UBT - Halifax-lad on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

Welcome Falargh :wav:

Martin
Semblar

Post by Semblar »

Thought I'd better say hello too :)

Dan
(Semblar)
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

Yay, more the merrier 8)

Martin
UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

Hi Everyone :wave:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Hi Paul welcome
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

Hello Welcome Paul. :blob2:
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Timbo wrote:OK - maybe we need to set up a rota scheme, so that at least once per day, one of the team is responsible for doing the "Welcomes" for that day.

Or, maybe one members is responsible for a week, after which the responsibility shifts to another member.

That way, at least everyone is aware of who is doing what. And the welcomes then don't get "stale" as each member can do their own type of "welcome".

Any takers???
OK, I have rolled out the welcome Wagon, I am only welcoming new members to the team, so any new people to the forum who are not in the team won't get a welcome thread from me, and I'm only classing new members to the team not ones who are spreading out to other projects.

So if anyone wants to welcome new forum members or people spreading to other projects your more than welcome to

Edit: I will do this on a daily basis at around 7pm will only take me about 5-10 mins.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PaulT wrote:Hi Everyone :wave:
Hi Paul
welcome to the forum
I reckon your feet must be a bit wet mate look here
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Just sorted one ov the lads Boinc client 4 him, and he's joined the team.

Yo Yo Yo to 'UBT - TNT2073' :headbang:
UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

UBT - Temujin wrote:Hi Paul
welcome to the forum
I reckon your feet must be a bit wet mate look here
:lol:

If you go back to the map and search 51.25 0.55 instead of 51°25'N, 0°55'E, you get the right position for some odd reason
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PaulT wrote:If you go back to the map and search 51.25 0.55 instead of 51°25'N, 0°55'E, you get the right position for some odd reason
flippin heck, your just round the corner from my mum :thumbup:
Used to live there meself many years ago, I used to work behind the bar at The Parkwood, dodging the fights every saturday night :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Temujin wrote:
UBT - PaulT wrote:If you go back to the map and search 51.25 0.55 instead of 51°25'N, 0°55'E, you get the right position for some odd reason
flippin heck, your just round the corner from my mum :thumbup:
Used to live there meself many years ago, I used to work behind the bar at The Parkwood, dodging the fights every saturday night :D

Oooh eck - this is getting scary - until last year, I lived in Grove Road, off Sutton Road..........

And my mum used to live just off Wallis Avenue......!

:shock:

PS The Parkwood Tavern got shut down a couple of weeks ago - same old thing - pub used for some "dealing" alledgedly....

And the Broadway Belle is shut - been like that for a two years of more - and the Esso station next door to that closed a while back and they are building houses there now...!

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

So, you are really:

51° 15' N 0° 33' E !!!!

(15' = 0.25 (a quarter) of a minute)
(33' = 0.55 (just over half) of a minute)

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:PS The Parkwood Tavern got shut down a couple of weeks ago - same old thing - pub used for some "dealing" alledgedly....
haha, that doesn't surprise me
Ere, we haven't got any Parks here have we :shock: used to be a whole clan of em in the parkwood.
And the Broadway Belle is shut - been like that for a two years of more
that was called The Blue Door when I 1st moved down there, changed to Broadway Belle sometime early 80s I think. That place was just as bad as the Parkwood.

That supermarket wasn't there either, used to have great fun on our push bikes on the old skid-pan they had there.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:So, you are really: 51° 15' N 0° 33' E !!!!
See, thats why I thought he was swimming of Isle of Sheppey, degree and decimal mixup :D

small world aint it
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Temujin wrote:haha, that doesn't surprise me
Ere, we haven't got any Parks here have we :shock: used to be a whole clan of em in the parkwood.
And the Broadway Belle is shut - been like that for a two years of more
that was called The Blue Door when I 1st moved down there, changed to Broadway Belle sometime early 80s I think. That place was just as bad as the Parkwood.

That supermarket wasn't there either, used to have great fun on our push bikes on the old skid-pan they had there.
I moved down there in 1988 (for work reasons). The skid-pan got sold off soon after (not related!) for Safeway to build their supermarket - for me, that meant if we ran out of something, in less than 30 seconds (by car) I could be parked up, walk inside and be halfway down the aisle...!.

BTW: The maintenance buildings next door to the skid-pan (and between the supermarket and the Police HQ) have just been sold off and new houses are going up there....think the block of flats behind the maintenance section is being knocked down - I was down there a couple of weeks ago and it was already fenced off awaiting the bull-dozers..!)

What else has changed?
- The Fremlins brewery site is now a shopping centre - but they kept the gatehouse with the elephant on the "side" entrance close to Earl Street/Pudding Lane.
- The Trebor factory on the riverfront closed sometime ago and was demolished - it's now a block of riverside apartments (overlooking the above !!).
- The gasometer in St Peter Street was removed and is now a DIY warehouse.

But the same old problems still exist:
- you don't leave a car parked overnight at the Parkwood Parade - there won't be much of it left by morning...!
- if the M20 gets blocked, then you can't get out of the town for hours (coz the diversion route goes through the town)
- the Channel Tunnel now means that every other vehicle on the M20 is a 40-tonner !!

Happy memories !!! :wink:

regards,

Tim

(PS The town we're talking about is Maidstone )
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

BTW: The maintenance buildings next door to the skid-pan (and between the supermarket and the Police HQ) have just been sold off and new houses are going up there....think the block of flats behind the maintenance section is being knocked down - I was down there a couple of weeks ago and it was already fenced off awaiting the bull-dozers..!)
I know mate, my mum lives on Queen Elizabeth Square (or whats left of it). Hers is the 1st house up from Sutton Road, right next door to the maintenance buildings. Shes the only private owner there and is gonna be the only "old" house in the place when they're all built. I was down there 2 fridays ago. The houses next door to her are used as offices by HQ staff, dunno if they'll be staying or getting knocked down.

The Trebor factory on the riverfront closed sometime ago and was demolished
Arrgh, dya mean there'll be no more treacle at the Tovil Treacle Mines :shock:
(I got a brother that lives in Tovil)

(PS The town we're talking about is Maidstone )

hehe, I know that ya numpty :D

We moved down there from Leeds in 1978, I moved away in 1982 just after I got married but my mum and brother are still there.
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:Just sorted one ov the lads Boinc client 4 him, and he's joined the team.

Yo Yo Yo to 'UBT - TNT2073' :headbang:

Welcome to the Team TNT2073 :wav:

Jimmy
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Temujin wrote:(PS The town we're talking about is Maidstone
hehe, I know that ya numpty :D .
Hi John,

Was only mentioning it by name to those following the thread who might have been wondering....!

And as for Tovil.........

Saw Jo Brand at the Hazlett a while back - and her first joke of the evening was.....

"so anyone from Tovil here ?? (cheers from audience)........well, while you're here, my mates are f***ing nicking stuff from YOUR houses tonight...! "

Great stuff and just about sums up the area...!

regards,

Tim
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

For a minute their I though I was in the Team Cafe 8)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - James Findlay wrote:For a minute their I though I was in the Team Cafe 8)
What? don't you come from Maidstone? :D
your probably right mate, we've hi-jacked it a bit aint we
nuff said
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Should rename this thread to Homiez United LoooL :wink: