What Resource Shares do you have? (in %)

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
DJH@GB-Ro

What Resource Shares do you have? (in %)

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

I currently have 50% BBC CCE, 33.33% CPDN, and 16.66% Predictor. I'm not running Einstein or Simap right now, but I do every now and then and Rosetta isn't working!

I also have WCG at 50% on another computer with the other 50% for the Grid.org Cancer Research project.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Out of 23 projects

22 are 4.49%
1 is 1.12%

So there all more or less even
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi,

I leave all my projects on all my PC's at the default of 100%.

And I then switch projects to crunch or not, depending on available work and the mood I'm in, as well as which projects need a bit of a boost.

Currently, with my HT P4, one "core" is doing a BBC CCE WU full time and the other is currently crunching on Einstein (in case we neeed to switch projects for the Weekend Crunch - want to make sure all's OK...unlike Rosetta which has an issue which will be hopefully fixed this week (and in time for our "Crunch" I hope !!).

The other (single CPU) PC's in the "farm" are now finishing off some SETI WU's and will be crunching for Einstein as well - as they are not set up for Rosetta yet - but will be switched over if Rosetta has reliable WU to download later this weeek.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

But the resource share in BOINC won't be 100% per project it will add up to 100% for all projects
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:But the resource share in BOINC won't be 100% per project it will add up to 100% for all projects
Hi David,

You're quite right.

But by leaving them all at 100%, then the BOINC Manager sets the percentage equally amongst all the projects - which gives me a "read out" of 4.55%.

But that's not "real" as on each single CPU PC, I only crunch for one project at a time and then switch them to another project, once either the available work ceases or the need arise to boost a specific project up a bit - for instance if other members aren't crunching much for one project, then I'll crunch for it, so people see the credits increase - which gives them confidence to join that project - and then I can move on to another one - it's called the "spinning plates" scenario.

(I will always crunch for a new project in order to get it going - then as others join up, I can sit back and concentrate on other projects).

As for my duallie, I crunch usually for two projects at a time.

So, in essence, each PC is working 100% 24/7 for each project "given" to it, by me.

Does that make me a "control freak"??

regards,.

Tim
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

17 projects all set to 100 (5.88%)

Martin
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Currently, with my HT P4
Me too, I love having the two threads for BOINC. I wonder what the Intel Chips that have 4 thread hyperthreading are like? Probably too little for each task
Mark L.

Post by Mark L. »

I have 20 projects, 2 on 9.09% the rest on 4.55%

Thats because 2 projects are set on 200 while the rest are default 100.

Over time that doesn't give a true picture though as one project isn't currently doing anything (extremLab) and 3 others rarely seem to have any work (pirates ralph and LHC)

I have the default 60 mins between switches though.
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Mark L. wrote:I have the default 60 mins between switches though.
Mines set to 200 minutes
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

LHC - - - - - - - - - - - - - 53.33% - Set high so that WU's get done ASAP when available 8)
BBC - - - - - - - - - - - - - 13.33%
Rosetta - - - - - - - - - - 10%
SImap - - - - - - - - - - - 6.67%
XtremLab - - - - - - - - - 4%
Leiden/QMC/Sztaki - - - 3.33% each
Einstein - - - - - - - - - - 2%
Seti - - - - - - - - - - - - - 0.67% - Only on for the crunchathon :wink:
UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

I've got SETI at 100% at the moment but when orbit@home goes live I will give them a 50-50 split

orbit@home
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - PaulT wrote:I've got SETI at 100% at the moment but when orbit@home goes live I will give them a 50-50 split

orbit@home
You will be waiting a long time the project has been denied funding
UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote: You will be waiting a long time the project has been denied funding
Shame, seemed like a very worthwhile project
falgarth

Post by falgarth »

i'm running 4 progects at 25 % each with my comp running 24/7
Francis McDermott
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Francis McDermott »

I have all of my projects set to 100 resource share, but this equates to different %ages as each machine has a different number of projects running on it.

I mainly use the Suspend and Won't get new work options to give me more control over what is done. For the last couple of days my machines have been set to get no new work except for SETI so that I can clear the backlog for the Crunchathon.
Francis McDermott

Post by Francis McDermott »

(Woo-hoo! Got my Right On Commander :D )
UBT - Tony

Post by UBT - Tony »

I'm running 100% with the climate change programme. I understand this will finish later this year so wanted to do as much as possible first. Still only at 6.6% !!
UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

Now the Crunchathon is over, I have a 50-50 split between seti & einstein
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I have 2 pc's crunching almost full time.

Main pc doing
CPDN
Einstein
Seti@Home
Although I've been using it a lot more recently gaming and my average credits per day has dropped badly.

2nd pc
Seti@Home
XtremLab

I don't pretend to understand how the credit per day are worked out, and because I'm newish to this I wanted to see my credits clock up quickly, but in trying to tweak it to give more I've messed up something...

Average/day is a little ??

So to quote from Hitchhikers (Film)

Buttons aren't toys & hang the sence of it !

Good to have access, good to be part of a fine team and may your credits/day for a good cause give you a broad smile.

PS, can't figure out how to get my nice crunch graphic to show the pic.. Check out the link if your intrested..
UBT - Halifax-lad

Hi Havoc,

you can get a nice sig of our very own from here for you to use in the forums http://signature.ukboincteam.com

Edit: If you want to use Neils @ MundayWeb.com he provides all the different IMG links for various forums if you log into your account there there is a page full of them one is for phpbb forums just use that url/code
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

Many Thx UBT - Halifax--lad

:)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Havoc wrote:I don't pretend to understand how the credit per day are worked out, and because I'm newish to this I wanted to see my credits clock up quickly, but in trying to tweak it to give more I've messed up something...
For 3 of your projects, your RAC is either increasing or standing still.
But with Seti its falling PDQ.

Were you by any chance using an optimised seti application?
If so, this would explain you falling RAC. Since Seti Enhanced came out, those of us that previously used optimised seti applications have had our RAC mullered to about 1/3 of what it was, you just have to live with it.

If you weren't using an opti app, stop gaming so much and get some serious crunching done instead  :D
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I reinstalled everything a few weeks ago after a few problems with my pc since then I've been using 5.4.9 which was at the time the latest version released on the Boinc website.

I added two more pc to cruching but both are part time and limited hours and of course added in some more projects to crunch. Coupled with using my main pc more playing cpu heavy gaming would explain my drop.

I started to think as I added in a pretty poor laptop which is only capable of crunching slowly, being an average/day it was dragging my score down.

Anyway ignore me going off this threads topic...