Ibercivis announcement - COVID-PHYM project

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Ibercivis announcement - COVID-PHYM project

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Thank you for collaborating in the Boinc COVID-PHYM project
Dear UBT - Timbo

During these days we have finished the first phase of the COVID-PHYM project, which means that, during the next few weeks we will not have workunits - at least until the first days of October - to process.

The CSIC research team is currently working on the first scientific article using the obtained results, which will be available in pre-print in the coming weeks and we will send it to you by mail.

These are the credits you have obtained with your participation in the project:
CREDITS: 279597

You can also download your certificate of participation in the project by clicking on the following link.

In the next days we will return with BOINC. From Ibercivis we want to thank you deeply for your collaboration in the project and we hope you will continue with us from September.

Kind regards
Ibercivis
ChelseaOilman
TeAm AnandTech team member

Re: Ibercivis announcement - COVID-PHYM project

Post by ChelseaOilman »

I got that same email. Not sure why they don't post that info on their front page.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Carl,

Well, they have included specific members credit totals achieved on this sub-project...so in a way, sending it as a "personal" thank you does kinda make it more "thoughtful"?

PS: I hope storm/hurricane "Laura" hasn't affected you - I heard that East Texas could have been getting some strong winds so with luck you're out of the path of it.

regards
Tim
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

I'm in central Texas near the capital Austin. Didn't even get a drop of rain and we need it bad.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

ChelseaOilman wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:52 pm I'm in central Texas near the capital Austin. Didn't even get a drop of rain and we need it bad.
:text-+1: :handgestures-thumbup: for :flags-texas: and no need for :gay-umbrella: there...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

ChelseaOilman wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:52 pm I'm in central Texas near the capital Austin. Didn't even get a drop of rain and we need it bad.
Hi Carl

I hope you are OK and I hope you have no need to travel anywhere near the Smokehouse Creek Fire, that is currently burning it's way through 1.1 million acres of woodland to the north of Amarillo !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68428496

I think Amarillo is some way from Austin...about 450 miles away to the North West of Austin. So, you should be OK !!

regards
Tim
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

Yeah, Texas is a big state. I'm in no danger from the fires in North Texas. Colorado gets it's share of wildfires as well. I have 2 homes, so if one burns down I still have a place to live.