collatz work units

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

collatz work units

Post by bigsinky »

have these changed. my app_config and gpu config files havent changed but my collatz work units now take 8 minutes to do as opposed to 4 minutes. strange. the timings are all over the place 100 seconds 300 seconds 400 seconds 800 seconds average 521 seconds (8.5 mins). credit has increased to an average of 37213 per WU. can anyone determine whats happen to collatz? it was down for a while for maintenance.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: collatz work units

Post by Woodles »

Hi Neil,

I haven't ran Collatz for a while so don't know of any changes.

However, your tasks don't seem to be using the speed up files any more (.config), you might want to check they haven't been removed/overwritten by the project.
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Post by bigsinky »

ahh you are quite right. just checked the gpu config file and its a blank notepad file. reloaded and all is well with the world again back down to around 4 minutes per work unit.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Good to hear, back to racking up a huge amount of credits :D