UBT into the top twenty in the world!

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

UBT into the top twenty in the world!

Post by Woodles »

Missed this earlier but on Tuesday (08/11/2019) UBT became the twentieth rated team in the whole world [non BU rankings]!

Well done team!

:banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-guitar: :banana-ninja: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-skier: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: UBT into the top twenty in the world!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Mark

Good call :-)

UBT is indeed #9 in the World (and has been for some time) if one is including Bitcoin Utopia credits,

https://classic.boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/list/

and is now in the Top 20 (excluding BU credits) as you've said:

https://classic.boincstats.com/en/stats/-5/team/list/

Not sure about the "top ten" bit in the subject heading though ;-)

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:18 pmNot sure about the "top ten" bit in the subject heading though ;-)
Don't know what you're talking about, it clearly says "twenty" :P

( :oops: )
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:41 pm Don't know what you're talking about, it clearly says "twenty" :P

( :oops: )
hahahahaha - so it does - now !! ;-)

regards
Tim
damienh
UBT Contributor

Post by damienh »

That's great! Our daily stats are much higher than the next teams above as well, so who knows … ? So much of that comes down to Collatz though … I still don't understand how it can give so much higher scores than other projects. Bigsinky helped me with my config files some weeks back and increased my output massively as well …
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

I think Collatz is reasonably fair, it's application has been massively optimised over the years and a lot of work gets done. i think most of every teams credit comes from Collatz .... unless they're a dedicated project team like IBM with WCG.

Glad you got configured, it usually cuts the time in half at least! Look out for high temperatures though, It really stresses the GPUs!

MArk
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Damien Healy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:52 pm I still don't understand how it can give so much higher scores than other projects.
HI Damien

As far as I know, each project decides how many credits they want to offer, which could be based on BOINC's own CreditNew function. Or it could offer some other basis for awarding credits, which is what Bitcoin Utopia did and they were offering many thousands of credits per task.

And obviously, some projects may well give higher credits per "hour of crunching", in order to attact more crunchers and thereby have more validated tasks returned to them, in a shorter space of time.

So, you can see that there are multiple "driving forces" that will generate interest from crunchers towards various projects, whether it's the credits per task, or the projects "reason for being", searching for Primes, or cures for cancer or foretelling future weather patterns...

regards
Tim