PI Bramble

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

PI Bramble

Post by bigsinky »

not quite finished but added another 20 ARM cores to the cause last night. Still waiting on 5 x 12 inch Cat5e leads and a couple of USB fans. I have all 5 PIs crunching BOINC projects and connecting wirelessly but i have a small 8 port switch gathering dust which can now be put to good use. easy enough to set up. All running Raspian Pixel with 16GB micro SD.
pi bramble.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: PI Bramble

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hiya

Nice farm !!!!!

And so compact too...

How are you powering these? One big PSU with multiple USB ports delivering the juice ? Or lots of "wall warts" ;-) ?

Which project(s) are you running on them?

regards
Tim
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Re: PI Bramble

Post by bigsinky »

various leads arrived this morning. now wired connection via 8 port switch. power via 60 watt USB power bank. running SETI, Asteriods and Yoyo. wondering what else i can run as the linux version of most boinc apps is for x86 or AMD architechure
pi bramble 3.jpg
pi bramble 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.