Pi 2 - Projects?

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Pi 2 - Projects?

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi all,

Thanks to chriscambridge, I now have an RPi 2 Model B waiting to be set up on BOINC :D (waiting on an HDMI cable then will have it up and running :) ).

I was wondering - apart from the 'obvious' projects (WUProp, Goofy, any other NCI projects) - which projects should I put on it? For this, I mean which crunch the most points and which would help UBT out the most?

Thanks,
Chris
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
wkdwill
UBT Contributor

Re: Pi 2 - Projects?

Post by wkdwill »

Hi Chris,

If it's any help, this is what I've had running on my Pi3, its overclocked to 1.3GHz
Capture.PNG
Will
scole of TSBT
The Scottish BOINC Team member

Post by scole of TSBT »

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi both,

Steve: You beat me to it...I was going to suggest this:

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php

But Dirks listing looks easier to understand ;-)

regards (and thanks for your input)
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks all :)

Will set up Pi and get some on there now :)

Chris
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
chriscambridge
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Post by chriscambridge »

8-)
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Got it on Goofy, WUProp and also SETI :) When crunched, this will be my first EVER SETI unit! :O Thought I'd done at least 1 by now...

Chris
chriscambridge

Post by chriscambridge »

Well done, its great to see you put it to good use.
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

:)
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

If anyone wants to track the Pi (for whatever reason), here you go:

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/host ... 391684d845

It also has SETI running on it, but the WUs each take a couple of days... Wonder what it pays though? :think: :)

Chris
chriscambridge

Post by chriscambridge »

SETI pays terrible, and that's on GPUs.. :(
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Ohh :( I couldn't find any other project that crunched at a half decent rate... I might leave it to do the SETI it has then change project then...

Chris
scole of TSBT

Post by scole of TSBT »

CSG SubsetSum used to pay pretty well on ARM systems but that sub-project is not active any more. I just use mine to tally up WUProp hours. There are even some apps that only run on ARM systems, Einstein and Albert I think and Collatz micro.
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, Scole :)

When you say 'tally', what do you mean by this? Just run projects to get some more hours? And I think Collatz has an app but it was estimating ~15-20 days/job and I didn't want to risk the Pi deciding to turn off after say 10 days and having all of that work wasted!

Chris
scole of TSBT

Post by scole of TSBT »

UBT - Chris wrote:When you say 'tally', what do you mean by this? Just run projects to get some more hours? And I think Collatz has an app but it was estimating ~15-20 days/job and I didn't want to risk the Pi deciding to turn off after say 10 days and having all of that work wasted!
Yes, run projects to get more WUProp hours. And I pointed out a few projects that have apps which only run on ARM systems. Collatz has the Micro Collatz Conjecture app which only takes 5-15 hours depending the model ARM system.
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

This is a Pi Model B (not the Pi 2 Model B, I don't think...). I'll have a proper look at collatz as soon as this SETI WU has finished :)

Chris